Tips for Cobia Fishing (New to Big Bend Area)

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Tips for Cobia Fishing (New to Big Bend Area)

Post by Red Beard »

onefishtwofish wrote:To the OP: for some good points about cobia fishing and as a new guy to this site, you absolutely must read the first post in this thread.

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... obia+green

This thread is GOLD!
I knew this would appear as soon as cobia talk fired back up again.. ha ha what a gold mind.

Great info y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
big bend gyrene

Re: Tips for Cobia Fishing (New to Big Bend Area)

Post by big bend gyrene »

geofish wrote:BBG is the guru of cobia fishing around here, and I've learned a lot from reading his posts.
If BREAKING the rules ( ESPECIALLY 6, 7, & 8 ) and having to relearn them over and over makes someone a "guru," than maybe I'm a "guru?" :smt102 :lol:

Complete joking aside, just think I'm one of the few who has avidly (and maybe stupidly) shared reports with cobia catches, but am FAR from being any better at it than numerous other folks on the board...
Woopty, Silverking, Salty Gator, Harmsway, just to name a few and am CERTAIN there are unnamed others too. :beer:

And not even much of a fisherman AT ALL so far in 2020... darn 'Rona has made business one big MASSIVE headache. Marine's Dream hasn't been splashed with a single drop of salt this year. :smt010 Praying to change that soon.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Easiest way to catch cobia around here is definitely to anchor up somewhere and fish for something else. When you see the cobia show up and swim by the boat jump in and shoot 'em with a speargun.
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

StMarksAngler wrote:Easiest way to catch cobia around here is definitely to anchor up somewhere and fish for something else. When you see the cobia show up and swim by the boat jump in and shoot 'em with a speargun.
Very true!

Sit out near structure for a while and they'll find you.
Make all the racket you want too!

Chum and use the biggest pinfish you can get.

When someone hooks up, be ready with a bait for a follower, they are usually the bigger fish.

Hold on!

woop
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com