Top 3 Lures

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishTheBend

Re: Top 3 Lures

Post by fishTheBend »

1. Electric Chicken Jerkbait on a jig head
2. Super Spook Jr plug
3. Pop n Cork

Honorable Mention: Gotcha Plugs
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I'd say my top 3 are

Ceye popping mullet
Trout eye jighead with a swimming trout trick in sexy penny or sexy mullet.
Corky devil
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Doom -
How do you keep that Corky from spinning when it sinks? Every one of those I've purchased ends up with a curved tail that causes the lure to spiral as it falls.

- Steve Stinson
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Steve Stinson wrote:Doom -
How do you keep that Corky from spinning when it sinks? Every one of those I've purchased ends up with a curved tail that causes the lure to spiral as it falls.

- Steve Stinson
I bought waterproof flambeau zerust boxes for my tackle bag and lay them out flat in one long compartment. I fish them on fluorocarbon as well, the only time I've had issues with it spinning is on braid but a 2 ft leader of fluorocarbon usually fixes that . Mine always fall like this

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RTvwfrnsZfk[/video]
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
Steve Stinson wrote:Doom -

- Steve Stinson
I bought waterproof flambeau zerust boxes for my tackle bag and lay them out flat in one long compartment. I fish them on fluorocarbon as well, the only time I've had issues with it spinning is on braid but a 2 ft leader of fluorocarbon usually fixes that . Mine always fall like this

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RTvwfrnsZfk[/video]
Yessir definitely a Paul Brown fan. Especially the custom colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

The sad thing is I stay away from Steve's lures Corky's which is Paul browns son I believe, his paint jobs are awesome but I'm still missing $45 worth of lures from the black Friday sale last year.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I am pretty sure Miro Lure bought out Paul Brown years ago, so your problem may be with Miro Lure.

I can't get your video to play, but I will go look for it on Youtube.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Steve Stinson wrote:I am pretty sure Miro Lure bought out Paul Brown years ago, so your problem may be with Miro Lure.

I can't get your video to play, but I will go look for it on Youtube.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
Your right Steve they did.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Correct, MirrOlure, which is based in Tampa, bought the brand and had Paul Brown under contract. Not sure if he's still affiliated or has a Non-Compete agreement. The Bachnik family has owned MirrOlure/L&S Bait Company for years.

FYI, Bagley Lure Company, which made the Jumping Mullet plug out of balsa wood, was recently acquired by Northland Tackle in Minnesota. Northland also hired one of the Rapala sons to help design lures. Northland's focus has been on freshwater (walleye and pike), but adding Bagley may mean an entry into the salt world. I still have a few of the classic Jumping Mullet plugs but rarely use them. Would hate to have a bluefish run off with it. The last time I did tie one on, I caught a 4-pound trout in the ICW at Perdido Key.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Steves lures is who I'm referring to, it's Steve brown who is Paul browns son. I have my money back because the credit card company charged it back. Steve is known for broke back Corky's. I have no issues with mirrolure, I do have issues with someone who charges double since he does way more colors and then ghosts me after he told me he would send the missing lures and then he ignores my texts, emails, Facebook messages and phone calls. I even have him until after new years to make it right. USPS could have lost the packages but after ordering$100 worth of lures and not receiving 40% of them I expect answers. The $7 devils still catch fish and nearly every trout I've caught over 20in was on a devil so I'll stick with them.
Last edited by doomtrpr_z71 on May 30th, 2020, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Try this one, I think it won't play because I'm not a site sponsor

https://youtu.be/RTvwfrnsZfk
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Steves lures is who I'm referring to, it's Steve brown who is Paul browns son. I have my money back because the credit card company charged it back. Steve is known for broke back Corky's. I have no issues with mirrolure, I do have issues with someone who charges double since he does way more colors and then ghosts me after he told me he would send the missing lures and then he ignores my texts, emails, Facebook messages and phone calls. I even have him until after new years to make it right. USPS could have lost the packages but after ordering$100 worth of lures and not receiving 40[COPYRIGHT SIGN] of them I expect answers. The $7 devils still catch fish and nearly every trout I've caught over 20in was on a devil so I'll stick with them.
That’s stinks man. Very frustrating when a business arrangement goes south. I’m not glad it happened to you but glad you mentioned it. I was thinking of getting a good order up with the customs, I will order them from another source.

No lie on the big trout loving that “devil” model. Caught some decent reds on them as well, but gator trout definitely hone in on them.

A few seasons back I found a nice healthy school of trout that would be in the same spot for weeks. You could set your watch to them. And the only thing in the bag they would commit to was the Paul brown. (Artificial: not counting live bait) My only complaint with them is how much they cost, for a soft plastic with some wire.

Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Try this one, I think it won't play because I'm not a site sponsor

https://youtu.be/RTvwfrnsZfk
Both videos appeared in the Tapatalk app perfectly.

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Red Beard wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Steves lures is who I'm referring to, it's Steve brown who is Paul browns son. I have my money back because the credit card company charged it back. Steve is known for broke back Corky's. I have no issues with mirrolure, I do have issues with someone who charges double since he does way more colors and then ghosts me after he told me he would send the missing lures and then he ignores my texts, emails, Facebook messages and phone calls. I even have him until after new years to make it right. USPS could have lost the packages but after ordering$100 worth of lures and not receiving 40[COPYRIGHT SIGN] of them I expect answers. The $7 devils still catch fish and nearly every trout I've caught over 20in was on a devil so I'll stick with them.
That’s stinks man. Very frustrating when a business arrangement goes south. I’m not glad it happened to you but glad you mentioned it. I was thinking of getting a good order up with the customs, I will order them from another source.

No lie on the big trout loving that “devil” model. Caught some decent reds on them as well, but gator trout definitely hone in on them.

A few seasons back I found a nice healthy school of trout that would be in the same spot for weeks. You could set your watch to them. And the only thing in the bag they would commit to was the Paul brown. (Artificial: not counting live bait) My only complaint with them is how much they cost, for a soft plastic with some wire.

Waterloo rods sells custom Corky's and so does Johnny s sport shop
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

1. Chug Bug
2. Chug Bug
3. Chug bug

I'm sure it's psychological. My largest ever seatrout (photo on the wall at Jerry's Bait & Tackle) came on a 5/8oz blue Chug Bug near Deep Creek, and the same model snagged me more than one tourny-winning redfish. When I'm not fishing live bait, I go with Chug Bugs unless topwater strategy makes no sense. I think if you get a few memorable catches on a certain lure, it just makes you fish it with more confidence and intensity, and you feel less like giving up. Hell, for all I know, it worked for me only because I threw so many casts with it!