Page 1 of 1

Water clarity

PostPosted: September 9th, 2020, 9:09 pm
by Redbelly
So how is it looking from the lighthouse to rock island?

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 9th, 2020, 10:07 pm
by silverking
Do you remember the Jed Clampett theme song, "Black gold, Texas tea!" :lol:

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 10th, 2020, 7:12 am
by Redbelly
silverking wrote:Do you remember the Jed Clampett theme song, "Black gold, Texas tea!" :lol:


:lol: Yes

I heard around Aucilla it was dark last sunday. I want to go so I'm looking for clear waters

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 10th, 2020, 7:46 am
by ropeman
I was out near Grey Mare and Cobb Rocks Monday and you could see the bottom in 6-7' of water.

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 10th, 2020, 8:13 am
by Redbelly
ropeman wrote:I was out near Grey Mare and Cobb Rocks Monday and you could see the bottom in 6-7' of water.


Thanks!

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 10th, 2020, 10:11 am
by FishWithChris
Dirtier the shallower you go and into the cricks, clearer the deeper you go. Fish everywhere, however.

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 10th, 2020, 3:48 pm
by mpa_72001
I know its dark from rock island to eagles nest.i fished from grassy to rock island over the long weekend.the water was a lil red out around Keaton too.

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 11th, 2020, 8:28 am
by Redbelly
I just like that clear water when I go, cause I do fish shallow and dont want to hit a manatee LOL

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 13th, 2020, 7:51 am
by BRush
Did anyone’s travels take them East of rock island down towards Spring Warrior/Dekle grounds? Water clarity can be and stay dirty/dingy for a while down that way....

Re: Water clarity

PostPosted: September 14th, 2020, 3:48 pm
by mpa_72001
BRush wrote:Did anyone’s travels take them East of rock island down towards Spring Warrior/Dekle grounds? Water clarity can be and stay dirty/dingy for a while down that way....
yep a week ago I did from my previous post and its probably not changed since we have still been getting steady doses of rain with more expected .