7th Annual BigBendFishing.Net Social is on

This is where you will find the latest info about changes or updates to the message board.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: 7th Annual BigBendFishing.Net Social is on

Post by Sir reel »

Wevans wrote: "it's our familly trip pot also"
:o

My folks had a "trip pot" when I was a youngun... but I wouldn't wanta make coffee in it> :smt009 :-D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

sure would be nice if'n we had some tarps around a side or two of the pavillion if the wind is gonna be up - what you think?
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The side that we cook on already has the nails in place for a 40 foot blue tarp :-D just need the tarp :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

If memory serves, last year we set up on a side which was somewhat protected by a block wall.
Last edited by Sir reel on February 26th, 2010, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

RodBow wrote:sure would be nice if'n we had some tarps around a side or two of the pavillion if the wind is gonna be up - what you think?
We gots it handled.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Here is a link to google street view so you know what it looks like...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 88,,0,1.43
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

We gots a new 40 cup pot for coffee now :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

RodBow wrote:sure would be nice if'n we had some tarps around a side or two of the pavillion if the wind is gonna be up - what you think?
Others have been anticipating and planning ahead. I think the "new" catch phrase is "pro-active".
In other words already done.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

bman wrote:One camo Hat Please!

And Ive got an big old fashion style percolator that you put on a camp stove... I can bring that if you guys want me to.
No thanks. :roll:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Tom and those attending, slow to share what Pam's practice will be doing but here goes... I'll be bringing "Blue Lizard" sunblock samples for free giveaways, both in original and baby formula. Also have a handful of collapsible wide brim hats given to us from one of our suppliers... on the cheap side (nylon or polyester) but functional.

Bigger prizes are ones that may appeal more to the ladies but many of the guys in attendance should have a special person they need to keep happy... :smt057... will be giving away a free microdermabrasion (roughly $100 value) and a new offering this year -- a $200 gift certificate towards laser service of choice. The lasers we have can do permanent hair removal, tighten skin, and treat rosacea, broken capillaries, aging spots, sun freckles, and acne scarring. We have more and more male patients seeking laser services each month, so if you DON'T have a special person in your life you may well benefit from the services too! :-D

Last but not least, Doc unfortunately won't be able to make it tomorrow but has asked me to share that our staff will do our best to give priority service to BBF members. If you ever call our office for an appointment, let our staff know you're a board member. We're currently booked solid through September for full body skin cancer exams but for anyone willing to fill cancellations (come in on short notice if called), we can often cut the seven month wait down to a matter of a few weeks, and sometimes even a few days.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

That is awesome John, and much appreciated. We have got some really great raffle prizes this year totaling well over $4000!

Once again for those signed up to bring stuff, please let me know asap if you are not able to come. Please feel free to call me anytime at 850.559.2133.

Don't forget if you are bringing a dish to bring a utensil to serve it with. Also remember to bring a lure, bag of grubs, etc for the tackle bag raffle. Someone will walk away with over a year's tackle.

Looking forward to it as always and I hope to see everyone there!
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

wevans wrote:The side that we cook on already has the nails in place for a 40 foot blue tarp :-D just need the tarp :beer:
I don't recall the size, but I have a pretty big tarp. Problem is it's not blue. :smt010
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Don't forget to bring a lure for the member built tackle box - one lure gets you one raffle ticket for the member built tackle box. Hope you all can make it - I am currently out of town on business or I would be there. In my absence Tom Keels and Jumptrout51 will be your host and hostesses :lol: - there was some talk of raffling off some members to other members :o and giving away fishing trips with other members without their consent. It should be a hoot.

Please thank the sponsors of BigBendFishing that will be at the event and those that contributed. Most importantly the intent of the event is for the members of BigBendFishing.Net - this event wouldn't be anything without the members of BigBendFishing.Net and the ones that willingly volunteer their time.