The 8th Annual BigBendFishing.Net Social

This is where you will find the latest info about changes or updates to the message board.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

The 8th Annual BigBendFishing.Net Social

Post by Chalk »

The 8th annual BigBendFishing.Net Social presented by Barry Bevis Realty will be held on February 26th, 2011 at the Myron B. Hodge Sopchoppy City Park. Directions: South on 319 from Tallahassee to Sopchoppy, turn right onto Sheldon and go to the end, turn left on to Park, the park is located 1/4 mile down Park on the right. - Map to the park
This is a chance for everyone to meet fellow forum members, place a face with a name and further define the fellowship this site has created over the years.

As with last year’s Social this will be a family event and a group effort on everyone's part. Everyone is encouraged to bring their favorite covered dish - to share with the group. We will also need other things for the event for those that do not want to bring food; a list of what will be needed is listed below. We will be frying fish, grilling some hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids.  Please bring a utensil to serve your dish.

Parkway Marine  has been generous enough to donate a Jon-boat that will be raffled off in a special raffle.  Raffle tickets for the Parkway Marine boat give away will be $10 each.

Raffle:  Everyone who signs up ahead of time and checks in at the Social will get one ticket.  Additional tickets will be available for $1.00 each.  All proceeds go to website maintenance and upkeep.  

Special Raffle Item - If you would like an additional free raffle ticket bring one new fishing lure with you to the event.  One lure being a pack of soft plastics, a rapala, a mirrolure, etc.  The lure will need to be in its original bag, box, etc.  We will take this lure and place it in a tackle box.  The tackle box full of member provided lures will be included in a separate raffle.
NOTE - You only get one free ticket when you bring a lure, if you bring three more lures you do not get three more tickets.

Time - 11:00 a.m. until

Please let us know what you would like to bring in this post; we will need things like fish, coleslaw, grits, oil, paper towels, cups, drinks, ice, etc.  We will have a page up this week tracking who is bringing what.
So, let us know what you're bringing and how many is in your party. Here is a link to the planning page - http://www.bigbendfishing.net/social11/social.htm

Hope to see you there.....Everyone is invited - wife, kids, grandparents, aunts, uncles, baby momma's, etc.

Site Sponsorship
Additionally this event is a sponsorship drive for BigBendFishing.Net.  We initially have had great response from vendors, but as the years have worn on the sponsorship participation has fallen off.  We are asking you the members to help, if you know somebody or you’re interested in being a site sponsor please let Tom Keels (tomkeels@bigbendfishing.net) or Chalk (chalk@bigbendfishing.net) know.

This year we have only three levels of sponsorship:

Presenting Sponsors - $500 & up (Barry Bevis Realty)
 As a Presenting Sponsor your business will receive a larger banner advertisement at the top of all web pages, a small banner advertisement on the website.  - Cost of Gold Sponsor - $500.00 in monies or merchandise or a combination of the two.

Gold Sponsors - $250 & up (Only open to 15 Companies only)
 As a Gold Sponsor your business will receive a larger banner advertisement at the top of all web pages. Your company will sponsor a forum topic in the form of a small banner ad visible every time someone enters the website forum. Cost of Gold Sponsor - $250.00 in monies or merchandise or a combination of the two.

Silver Sponsors - $150 & up
 As a Silver Sponsor your business will receive a larger banner advertisement at the top of all web pages. Cost of Silver Sponsor - $150.00 in monies or merchandise or a combination of the two.

Why would this site be beneficial to your company?  We have over 1800 active members on the site.  We have over 2,500,000 hits to the website each month with more than 10,000 different users.  The advertisement levels are lowered for this yearly event and it's a great time to become part of BigBendFishing.Net.  Do not leverage  your decision off of our advice – ask our sponsors – Berry Bevis Realty, South Georgia Outdoors, Badcock Furniture Company,  Custom Detailing, Kevin’s, Parkway Marine, etc….look at the sponsors listed here - Site Sponsors

The items at the raffle come from the sponsors; if we do not have many sponsors there will not be many items to raffle off. If you want to be part of the site and help out, here is your chance.

This years Social Page can be found here...  http://www.bigbendfishing.net/social11/social.htm
FishWithChris

Re: The 8th Annual BigBendFishing.Net Social

Post by FishWithChris »

There! (myself and TheBeerGuy) (possibly +1 or 2)

Cannot Wait!!!

I'll bring the Chips and Dips like last year!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
groupertherapy
Site Sponsor

Post by groupertherapy »

Groupertherapy + 1 and dessert
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I've got a big box of lures, gear and merchandise set aside for raffle to continue as a Gold Sponsor for 2011!

Glad to help keep this great site alive and kickin'

Captain Dave Lear Charters
Last edited by silverking on January 6th, 2011, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

In.

Atticus + 1
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Wevans can you secure the compound please :thumbup: :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

It is confirmed :thumbup:
We will be there "me+2" with the grill and any misc things that are needed. I will see if I can get some new signs made "the old ones are falling apart" :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Sir Reel and Mrs Sir Reel are planning on being there. I will bring 8 gal of tea.

Hats off and a special Thanks to Barry for hosting the event again this year. In addition Tom Keels and Jim Chalky for all they do behind the scenes to make this forum the best. Thanks
smiley-faces_green_wave_red_hat.gif
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

I'll plan on going and check back as we get closer to see what items are still needed. This also reminded me to donate via paypal.
Thanks a million for all the work done on the site and for keeping it going!! :thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

PayPal :thumbup: Done.
Don't spend it all in one place. :D
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

First time Doc & I won't make it in years. :smt010 Not many things could keep me from making it, but a conference in Maui is one of those things. :smt060

Though we won't be there in person, still will be supporting as a sponsor. Already got a pile of JT's favorite fold-up hats ready to give away. :wink: :thumbup:
JT's Hat.jpg
JT's Hat.jpg (61.14 KiB) Viewed 12136 times
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I'll be there and do my usual.
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Please take the time to thank Custom Detailing www.customdetailingtally.com forum member Dolphinatic (Tom Wheeler) for his continued support of BigBendfishing.net as a Gold sponsor. Tom can clean and shine your boat, car, truck, plane or train. Please be sure to call Custom Detailing for all your detailing needs at 850-339-1269 or visit www.customdetailingtally.com
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Please take the time to thank Capt. Dave Lear from www.captaindavelear.com for his continued support of BigBendfishing.net as a Gold Sponsor. Capt. Lear welcomes all levels of angling experience. He is happy to teach the novice or guide the seasoned veterans. Capt. Lear is easy-going by nature and emphasizes having fun, first and foremost. His goal is for you to leave the dock at the end of the day with lasting memories of an enjoyable sight-fishing experience and quality time on the water. Please be sure to call Capt. Lear for you next great fishing memory at (850) 320-2001 or visit www.captaindavelear.com
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Please take the time to thank Parkway Marine for their continued support of BigBendfishing.net as a Gold sponsor. Parkway can fix it - boat, car, truck, plane or train - if it is broke - give them a call to see if they can help you - 850-878-7365

Parkway also carries a full compliment of boating accessories and supplies - be sure to tell them you saw it on BigBendFishing.Net