Saint Marks 11-14-09

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cmccord
Site Sponsor

Saint Marks 11-14-09

Post by cmccord »

Made a quick trip out Saturday afternoon after sitting in the deer stand that morning. The woods were unproductive and with the warm air coming in the afternoon, I wasn't feeling like sitting again in the afternoon. We got gear loaded up and started heading to Saint Marks.

Made it out the river and thought about heading to Rotary, but there were a bunch of boats on it as I expected. Ran a little further South to some other numbers I had. Marked bottom. Anchored. Dove. At times, you could see the end of the speargun. Others, not so much. :x Figured it would have been a little murked up, but not as bad as it turned out to be. Only even saw one fish worth shooting, but evidently fish can see better than me in that visibility and he was gone. :evil:

Came up and dropped some stretches. Caught a barely legal gag and headed back in. Watched a gorgeous sunset as we were returning. :thumbup: Even without lots of fish, it was still nice to be on the water. Hopefully the waters will settle out soon for some good diving.
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
DeanMac

Re: Saint Marks 11-14-09

Post by DeanMac »

Can't be better than that, Deer woods in the morning and a Gulf sunset in the PM.
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Re: Saint Marks 11-14-09

Post by dolphinatic »

Sitting in the deer stand for the morning and saltwater fishing for the afternoon ain't too shabby :thumbup: I guess I just got lucky Saturday by bagging a 9 pt. over in Jefferson County after sitting only a few minutes. Maybe that means that fishing will be in order for next weekend :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com