Wacissa river question

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Wacissa river question

Post by red_yakker »

Does anyone know if the road I have outlined in the picture is open all the way to the river? It looks like it used to run right into the old dam, but it's hard to tell on Google Earth if the road makes it all the way before petering out.

My wife is going with a group of friends on a canoe/kayak trip down the Wacissa tomorrow. They were planning on putting in at the Wacissa Springs ramp and making the 10 mile trip to Goose Pasture. After checking the weather forecast, I'm looking for a possible alternative starting point in case they need to shorten the trip to avoid getting caught in a thunderstorm. I was hoping to find something about half-way down river, or within a couple miles of it.

If that particular road is not open all the way to the river, does anyone have any suggestions? I've never been that far up the Wacissa, so I have no ideas other than Welaunee, which would be cutting the trip a little too short IMO.
Thanks.
Attachments
dam.jpg
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Wacissa river question

Post by MudDucker »

I haven't been on that road and I don't remember seeing a road at the dam, but there are some houses close to the old dam on the opposite side of the river.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!