Kayak fishing Ochlockonee Bay

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jbearden

Kayak fishing Ochlockonee Bay

Post by jbearden »

Has anyone ever fished the bridge in Panacea in a kayak? I've been wanting to try it out. I've mostly fished St. Marks lighhouse and St. George over the past several years. Any advice.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Kayak fishing Ochlockonee Bay

Post by Salty Gator »

Some folks fish it for big black drum. Use a whole or boat blue crab on the bottom. Seems like sheep dad would be there also. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
ScaleUp

Post by ScaleUp »

I've spent plenty of time kayaking around the shell beds closer to the mouth, but haven't tried the bridge yet although I would like to. Seems like they would hold fish! With my setup, I would plan to bring a longer-than usual anchor rope - not sure how deep the water is at the bridge and don't want to paddle against the current! Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

I dropped in the Franklin Co public boat ramp by the bridge and paddled out to Bald point, ended up drifting about a half mile south of Mash Sands. I was throwing a 1/2 oz egg weight to a #6 Hook; live bait.

Holy catfish. But I'm sure there are more desirable fish with a better rig. It was quite a paddle, I'm not doing that again.