Capt. Rick Bouley - Guide, Steinhatchee, Fl.

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Capt. Rick Bouley - Guide, Steinhatchee, Fl.

Post by Capt Reggie »

:smt006 Greetings, fellow fly flippers. The Florida Big Bend Flyfishers had the honor of having Capt. Boutley as our guest speaker in the monthly meeting last night @ Beef O'Brady's. Capt. Rick gave us a very informative one-hour lecture, sharing his many years of acquired knowledge on flats fishing, some great secret places to start at, as well as specific fishing tactics, tackle, lures, and flies that are working for his clients on a regular basis. I must say to you that the NFGFC should give him an invitation to share some of this knowledge with their members as soon as possible. Capt. Rick is both a fly fisherman and a conventional angler who guides people throughout the year (except for a few weeks around May - June in the Keys) between Steinhatchee and Keaton Beach. :thumbup: I know a little bit about Keaton Beach thanks to Reel Cowboy. Capt. Bouley is quite the talented Tarpon guide, especially down in the Keys, as well as a "big fish", shallow water guide for trout and redfish in his areas along our coast. This guy is the "real deal" folks - I saw the multitudes of photos last night to prove it! :lick: You can bet your last fly in the box that I am doing a serious "one on one", sit down, journalistic "interview" with this guide very soon for our newsletter, the Forward Cast. I suggest you check out his website: www.naturecoastflatsfishing.com for yourself and give him a call. The man is open and honest, a really fine gentleman who will share his knowledge with any serious fisherman, fly or conventional! :thumbup:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Re: Capt. Rick Bouley - Guide, Steinhatchee, Fl.

Post by snatch-n-reel »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
Big Bend Brian

Post by Big Bend Brian »

Rick’s a very nice guy and he knows his fishing well. He’s talked at the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club before and he’s friends with a number of people in the club. Outstanding guy.
Brian
Quality Time
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

Big Bend Brian wrote:Rick’s a very nice guy and he knows his fishing well. He’s talked at the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club before and he’s friends with a number of people in the club. Outstanding guy.
Brian
:smt006 Thanks Brian! I was really impressed with this man and his extensive knowledge of that part of our shallow water flats. As I said initially, I can't wait to get a "one on one" interview with him and really get to know him. :thumbup:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
Catdaddy

Post by Catdaddy »

I used to fish with Cap'n Rick years ago when he was based out of Key West. He was without exception the absolute best guide I've ever used, period! He could find the fish, and I mean the big ones! Many a morning we would leave his slip at the KW Marina at Zero-Dark-Thirty, make the speed run to Marquesa Keys, arrive just before sunrise and wake up the Tarpon. We would fish our way back toward KW working the flats and all of those honey holes that only he seemed to know about. I wish I could figure out how to download a file photo of me with a Citation Permit he put me on! It weighed 32Lb., 2oz., caught on a medium open face spinner rig, 12Lb. test, and a barbless hook. Great memories Cap'n Rick, thanks!
Bob Basnight