Prep for freezing

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

spoton
Site Sponsor

Prep for freezing

Post by spoton »

May be a little late for a reminder for some, but with the extreme cold forecast for tonight, make sure your outboard engines are trimmed straight up and down so any water can drain out.

Also, anyone with a pressure washer, bring it inside if you have not drained and winterized the pump, or you will likely wind up with a cracked pump. I am a slow learner, and I have bought 2 new pumps for mine because of this.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Prep for freezing

Post by SS-342 »

Thank you for this warning.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

It is a little chilly this morning. Weather.com says 26 degrees here, but says it feels like 18 degrees. So much for global warming.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

26 here as well. I didn't have my motor up&down last year during a freeze, busted up the water pump. OUCH!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:It is a little chilly this morning. Weather.com says 26 degrees here, but says it feels like 18 degrees. So much for global warming.
In 1970 is was 13 degrees on nov 19. Good argument for global warming. Thanks MD
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:It is a little chilly this morning. Weather.com says 26 degrees here, but says it feels like 18 degrees. So much for global warming.
In 1970 is was 13 degrees on nov 19. Good argument for global warming. Thanks MD
More cold record temperatures yesterday across the country than ever before as well as record snow fall in several areas. Your welcome Salty! :smt005
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
More cold record temperatures yesterday across the country than ever before as well as record snow fall in several areas. Your welcome Salty! :smt005
Nothing like the great blizzard of 1899. Do you remember that one? :D . If not Google it.
I love how a nice thread reminding us to lower our outboards became a global warming joke
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
Nothing like the great blizzard of 1899. Do you remember that one? :D . If not Google it.
I love how a nice thread reminding us to lower our outboards became a global warming joke
You better lower your motor down in the water a little more, because you are starving for water if you think I was around in 1899. :smt005
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
You better lower your motor down in the water a little more, because you are starving for water if you think I was around in 1899. :smt005
Maybe in 1899 that joke was funny :smt005
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

I believe in Global Warming ...... and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy and Sasquatch and ....

But seriously, to me a big part of the problem is the "believe in" or "don't believe in" notion. Seems to me this all should be a matter of facts not "belief". I wish we could get "just the facts ma'm" without all of the spin. It does appear to me that the global temps may be warming and that this may be a long term issue but the facts on whether what people have been doing is causing or impacting this is still unclear to me. Even more unclear is whether we can actually do anything to change it. But, it makes a lot of sense to me to try to reduce our carbon output and do less damage to the environment regardless of whether there's this global warming thing going on. Seems to me we're long past all being able to just pee in the stream without worrying about the consequences. My 2-cents worth.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:.

Maybe in 1899 that joke was funny :smt005
When you are that old, you do the best you can! :-D