Power Pole Support is Outstanding.

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Power Pole Support is Outstanding.

Post by Steve Stinson »

I need to give a shout - out to Todd at Power Pole for his company's outstanding customer service. I bid on and won a Power Pole at this year's CCA Banquet. I installed it and had problems with the pole leaking down overnight. I did a re-install to no avail, then paid a local boat shop to re-install it again. Todd had me download the Sea Monster app to my phone and run the pole through 3 diagnostic tests. At the end of each test, I was able to send the results to him at the company in Tampa. He diagnosed the problem as internal seals in the pump and overnighted a new pump to my office. I installed that one last night and the issue appears to be fixed. :thumbup:

- Steve Stinson
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Power Pole Support is Outstanding.

Post by Steve Stinson »

I should probably have asked this question in the post above. While installing the new Power Pole pump, I noticed some corrosion in the bottom of the boat compartment containing my batteries. (Boat is a 2013 Sea Ark 2072 aluminum hull) All three of them are in a compartment near the transom and are sitting in shallow plastic trays. I am going to remove the batteries and the shallow trays and put each battery in a box. My questions are 1. How do I make sure I stop the corrosion already taking place? and 2. What is the best product to coat the compartment with prior to re-installing the batteries?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve Stinson
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good you were able to resolve the PowerPole issue. They have tremendous customer service, as many others on here have noted in the past.

Once you remove the batteries and trays, wire brush the area thoroughly and wipe it down. Then treat it with a rust inhibitor. I bought some stuff from Shields that's called Ospho by Sky Co. that's a greenish liquid that seals the area to prevent further rust. After that's dried, I'd spray paint it with something like Rustoleum to seal it again.

The full battery boxes should help. Are your batteries lead acid or sealed AGMs?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

They are great, i bought my boat that had a power pole micro on it, unit went out and they shipped me a replacement right out and all i had to send back was the unit, was able to keep all the new accessories(remotes, harness, mounts).
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Have to get on the power pole customer service support wagon. Had a pump go out on my power pole that was several years old. The boat repair shop called power pole, they said send the unit in and they would take care of it - "they wanted to ensure they kept their customers happy". Paid $100 to uninstall and install a new unit. Purchasing one would have cost ~$800, plus labor.
"Plan for the worst."
loganh3101

Post by loganh3101 »

Zinc Chromate Primer for aluminum. Amazon sells it.