Kudos to Shields Marina

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Kudos to Shields Marina

Post by Juan »

Shields Marina did a repower on my bay boat. Picked her up today.. Just wanted to say I've done a lot of business with a lot of marinas and marine parts dealers over the years and I've never had a better experience! They went out of their way and beyond to do it right. They went so far as to replace all my gauges (which wasn't part of the original price quote, thoroughly cleaned and detailed the boat ( the bilge is now spotless) and even replaced my broken cutting board with a new custom made starboard cutting board... all at no additional cost. I'm pleased and VERY impressed! Highly recommend Shields if you're considering a new outboard!

Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Kudos to Shields Marina

Post by silverking »

Sweet rig and congrats on the new power. Everyone I talk to loves the Zuke four-strokes. The boats I've tested with Suzukis have a lot of oomph too. Great folks at Shields Marina. Always done me right and I'll continue to do business with them. :thumbup: Besides outboard and boat sales, they also service trailers, do canvas/fiberglass work and rent boats. The Ship's Store is well stocked too.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

You've done a great job taking care of that boat if it's old enough to need a repower. Looks great :thumbup: I ran a Sea Pro SV-2100 from 2008 - 2009. Still one of my favorite boats.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I wish my seapro was that nice, great looking boat. Shield s is great to deal with, Brett talked to me for an hour about a boat he knew wasn't leaving with me that day. Hopefully, I get to buy a new boat from there next year and my seapro finds a new home.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

The Shields are good people. Anyone who runs a business knows you will not be perfect, but you can stand behind your work and do the little extras that mean a lot to a customer.

That is a VERY nice looking Sea Pro. :smt007
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Thanks for all the compliments.. If I could catch more fish, she wouldn't be that clean. :-D I can't say enough about Shields. Brett kept in touch and kept me posted on the progress the whole time the boat was there then when it was done, he rode with me during a trial ride twice while we were trying to find the perfect prop. We got it dialed in close but I wanted a few more rpms, so he's ordered another prop and shipping it to the house. I don't think I've ever gotten that kind of service and attention to detail anywhere. Great place to do business and they've made a customer for life.
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

I hope you like that Suzi Rick. I sure have had good luck with the three that I have had. And as for your comments about Shields, there is a certain Dothan boat dealership that could certainly take some lessons from Shields. And you know who I mean. And if you need service in a hurry and can't get it to Shields, don't forget the authorised Suzuki/Honda dealer in Headland, Joe's Motor Service. I've never had a bad experience with them.
D
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Old Dog wrote:I hope you like that Suzi Rick. I sure have had good luck with the three that I have had. And as for your comments about Shields, there is a certain Dothan boat dealership that could certainly take some lessons from Shields. And you know who I mean. And if you need service in a hurry and can't get it to Shields, don't forget the authorised Suzuki/Honda dealer in Headland, Joe's Motor Service. I've never had a bad experience with them.
D
Has Joe moved from Hartford and opened a shop in Headland now? Shield's has had issues with that Dothan boat dealership too (Boyd's )
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

My oops. Hartford not Headland.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

That's great service, thanks for the post. Once you have it dialed in post your performance numbers, especially if you have your old vs new performance numbers.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

leonreno wrote:That's great service, thanks for the post. Once you have it dialed in post your performance numbers, especially if you have your old vs new performance numbers.
I can do that. I've got it dialed in as close as I think I can get it. It's running 42 mph (gps) at 5900 rpms WOT with 2 adults with gear and a full 53 gal fuel tank and the hole shot is great even without the help of trim tabs. I'm more than happy with that since that's about 5 mph faster at 1,000 rpms less than the Yamaha it replaced.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:thumbup: Don't think you can dial it in any better than that. Enjoy the ride!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Thanks for the info, those sound like great numbers.