Sadness

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eightwt

Sadness

Post by eightwt »

Any info on loss of life on Apalachicola Bay yesterday? Just rough seas? Prayer for families.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Sadness

Post by Juan »

Very sad indeed.. This is all I've seen:
"A visitor from Havana, Florida drowned Tuesday and a second man was air lifted to Tallahassee after their small boat overturned near the Apalachicola bridge Tuesday afternoon.
The Franklin County Sheriff's office said 72 year old Linwood Thomas Brasswell Sr. died and his 47 year old son, Linwood Thomas Brasswell Jr., was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital after the two men were pulled from the water.
The two men were in a small boat in very rough water on the north side of the bridge near Eastpoint at about 330 Tuesday afternoon when the accident happened. 
They were pulled from the water by two good smaritans, Leroy Duval and Robbie Register, along with officers from the Franklin County Sheriff's office, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the Franklin Correctional Institution.
CPR was administered on site but rescuers were unable to resuccitate Brasswell Sr. 

Officers said his son had taken on a lot of water and was extremely fatigued requiring additional medical attention."

I had fished that very spot a couple days prior to this.. :smt009
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

I haven't heard anything about it. What has happened?
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Go that, slow on trigger
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

That's bad, It does get sloppy down there and it can be like a washing machine inside that bridge.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

So sad. I thought I saw small craft warnings down there when I checked the weather yesterday?
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

That place gets about as rough as I've seen it when it's windy. Gotta be careful.
Yours in the South
AugustusMccrae

Post by AugustusMccrae »

Was this the bridge between Eastpoint and Apalachicola? I’ve never been on the water there, but that would seem to be a somewhat protected area.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Im not sure where the fishermen were but East Bay above (north) of Apalach bridge get really rough with a north wind. It seems to bounce off the bridge and has no pattern, just sloppy. With some wind direction it does offer some shelter.
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

So sad.