Inshore boat review?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Inshore boat review?

Post by Redbelly »

Not saying anyone else should, but in an 1872 I would venture to go to those areas you asked about. Now.....it would depend on the seas also....
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

I run a 17 Maverick Master Angler, entirely different monster then a seaark, but still a 17 flats boat. I was born and raised in South Florida and commonly ran the boat 10 miles offshore plus, usually through the gulfstream, obviously I picked my days and was prepared. I also spent my entire life down there and took zero chances with the weather. Nobody can tell you how far or what you can do with your boat, it comes down to the vessel and the capt. Capt's ability to read weather, command his vessel and his preparedness are part of the deal. I've seen guys with 30ft boats I wouldn't go 10ft offshore with and vice versa, that's up to you and your boats ability, which you have to decide, and what you feel comfortable with.
Only other thing I caution you about is the electrical systems of some of these AL boats, not familiar with Seaark or how they wire a boat, but I have seen alot of AL boat intended for freshwater use with automotive like wiring, no heatshrink connections, using non-marine wiring. Saltwater and salt in the air gets into everything, corrosion can quickly take over an electrical system, just something to be aware of.
TCSO122

Post by TCSO122 »

I found a 2014 seaark RXV 186 for sale with a 2017 90 Mercury . Less than 45 hours on the boat and motor. This is the river extreme model and has a 15 rise. Center console but no pods. Looks more along the lines of an xpress hull than the MVT. Can’t find many reviews on this boat but it’s very similar in dimensions to the 1860. He wants 18k for it with electronics and ipilot. Garage kept looks brand new any advice? Thanks