Seadek

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

Seadek

Post by randymullaly »

Anybody know a place to get a boat templated and installation of Seadek in the Bigbend area?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Seadek

Post by silverking »

Metal Fabricators just off Weems Road in Tally is a dealer. Several of the guys there are anglers, too.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

I used R&R in Attapulgus Ga.
IMG_0855[41].JPG
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

there's a place in panama city that uses a scanner to go over the boat and then it's cut in house right there, and like SK mentioned they will template it out for you and send it off to seadek. neither place is cheap. I was quoted 3500 for a 22ft boat and quickly changed my mind.

there's also hydrosturf, ocean grip, gator step, aquatraction, Blacktip by Jetsports, the list goes on if you're wanting an alternative. they say Aquatraction is supposed to be more stable than seadek in terms of expansion/contraction due to temperature. It's PE foam vice EVA foam (used by seadek and others but don't quote me on that. good luck with you search!
STMU

Post by STMU »

Buddy of mine laid down some of those cheap gym mats that look like 1 foot squared puzzle pieces on an old jon boat. Did the whole boat for $25 bucks! Didn't look great, but man it was awesome. Felt like walking on pillows!!!
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Castaway Customs is the go to guy. He is mobie. He comes to you and scans your boat. Problem is he stays very busy and only comes up this way a couple times a year but is the cheapest installer around. You can order the template kit from SeaDek and do it yourself. This is what I done on two of my previous boats. Not hard at all. If you can trace you can do it. My 22' Pathfinder's full deck cost around 1k. Castaway's quote was much cheaper but then again getting him up here will be a problem.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki