NauticStar Boats

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CW2008

Re: NauticStar Boats

Post by CW2008 »

One of my proudest moments boating was outrunning a jet ski that wanted to race as I headed back to Bay City Lodge. I was tired and hot and hungry and the last thing I wanted was somebody buzzing near my port side. I just ignored him and slowly passed him by. I really like my NauticStar.
floundereater

Post by floundereater »

Get one that floats pretty good and RIDE DIRTY! You can scoop out a lot of water with a cut off coke can. Stay away from water that is over your head, if you are swimming impaired. Stay "jolly mon",insiders will get that!
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

I have a 19 foot with a 115 Optimax on it. Love the boat. Good storage space, two live wells with plenty of capacity, very nice ride and pretty dry ride. I would buy another one in a minute with one exception......I'd buy the max engine recommended for the boat. The 115 does O.K. with 1-2 folks (not great, just O.K), but any more and I have trouble getting on a plane. Should have gone with the 150 hp.
"Plan for the worst."
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

floundereater wrote:Get one that floats pretty good and RIDE DIRTY! You can scoop out a lot of water with a cut off coke can. Stay away from water that is over your head, if you are swimming impaired. Stay "jolly mon",insiders will get that!
Ha ha! You are right old buddy! Until then I will need to fish of the back deck of your rig with Big J!
Team Jolly Mon
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

floundereater wrote:Get one that floats pretty good and RIDE DIRTY! You can scoop out a lot of water with a cut off coke can. Stay away from water that is over your head, if you are swimming impaired. Stay "jolly mon",insiders will get that!
Twin tugboat size bilge pumps are helpful.....I'm thinking of adding a third! :roll:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.