Lake Jackson 27 ramp getting updates!

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelbad

Re: Lake Jackson 27 ramp getting updates!

Post by reelbad »

RiverRunner wrote:I stopped by there Sunday morning and a couple was changing there trailer tire. The end of the ramp ruined/bent the rim and popped the tire. Said he was going to make sure the County heard from him. There is nothing marking the end of the ramp, plus the end of the ramp is only in about 22"-24" inches of water. It's a joke....
Looks to me like you could see the end of the ramp by walking out on the dock and check it out before backing down. Probably didn't have the time.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Jackson View Landing is appropriately named. You do get a good view of Lake Jackson from there.

It should work out pretty good for jon boats, kayakers, and sunrise-watchers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
kenfly

Lake Jackson 27 ramp getting updates!

Post by kenfly »

bbb wrote:How hard is it to put a piece of rebar and pvc at the end of a ramp. Spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to make it look better and skimp on $15 to protect those using it.
No kidding, that's was what I was afraid of, think I'm gonna wait a lil till the kinks are worked out before I try launching there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbb

Post by bbb »

Well I saw a sign this morning that the new Hwy 27 ramp is closing. Water has dropped a few feet and ramp seems to be unusable.

Are they going to take this opportunity to dig it out some more?
STMU

Post by STMU »

They must have hired the same engineering firm that St. Mark's refugee used designing the lighthouse ramp! Although, at least the lighthouse has a back-stop and it works well enough except around low tide. Given the amount of permitting and design work that goes into ramp construction nowadays I'm surprised someone didn't realize it lacked the proper slope for launching anything other than a kayak...well, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised!
STMU

Post by STMU »

bbb wrote:Are they going to take this opportunity to dig it out some more?
Doubtful, unless you already have the permits in place, you can't just go and dig it out. If they planned on making it any deeper, common sense would have done it during the initial construction. Although, I think we all know common sense ain't as common as it used to be! I think you are stuck with what they got.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Somethings going on at the end of the ramp.