TowBoatUS opinions?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

leonreno

TowBoatUS opinions?

Post by leonreno »

I have had Seatow coverage for the past 5+ years and only used it once for a blown trailer tire. But it was great service. I have a 16 year old motor so I would not be surprised to need it sometime. I know have BoatUS insurance and can get TowBoatUS coverage for $60 a year compared to $160ish a year for Seatow. My question is does anyone have experience with TowBoat in the area? Especially around Keaton Beach or Lanark? I noticed that the closest boat is Steinhatchee for Keaton, wondered if that is a problem?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: TowBoatUS opinions?

Post by Steve Stinson »

Haven't ever had tow boat. Sea Tow supports a lot of local clubs and events around here.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I have towboat USA and have never had an issue, the one time I've used them the boat was based out of carabelle according to dispatch but he was actually in St Mark's. I have had both and just can't pass up the deal that towusa gives me. I had seatow for 2 years but after it went up I just couldn't eat the price increase.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

A buddy got talked into a $60 sea tow service deal that west marine was running. Was told it was standard sea tow service. He got it and dropped his sea tow. When he needed it, he realized ( was told by tow us) that his coverage included a very short tow and he would have to pay the rest out of pocket. We used my sea tow membership that day. Just be careful that your getting what you think your getting. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven