Minn Kota micro remote

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SoGaTrout12

Minn Kota micro remote

Post by SoGaTrout12 »

I have a Minn Kota riptide with I pilot link. The charging port went out on my original remote and I purchased a micro remote. When the new remote pairs it should beep three times. My unit beeped four times and when I try to cut on the motor with the remote it continually beeps until I release the button and will not cut on the motor. Does anyone know what could be the problem or what I need to do to sync it correctly. Thanks
bbb

Re: Minn Kota micro remote

Post by bbb »

Did you get the right micro? They have one for both the Bluetooth and Legacy? Not sure if they are compatible.
SoGaTrout12

Post by SoGaTrout12 »

I did. I purchased the one for pre 2017 which isn’t Bluetooth compatible. I have a 2014 model Mk I am going to call minn Kota service today to see if they can guide me through it.
bbb

Post by bbb »

I bought a new bluetooth remote a few months ago and had a heck of a time getting it to pair up. Dont remember how many beeps I was getting, but it kept saying "no motor". Then on the 10th or 50th try it said paired.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I can't help with the pairing problem, my Micro worked on the first try.

I can say that I'm very happy with the smaller remote I bought for my Bluetooth Terrova 80. It does everything I need to do and is sooooo much smaller, lighter, and easier to use. :thumbup:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
SoGaTrout12

Post by SoGaTrout12 »

I spoke with Minn Kota service today and it seems to be a low voltage. Time to replace the batteries I guess. Thanks for the help.