Local Boat Ramp Status?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Re: Local Boat Ramp Status?

Post by Srbenda »

I was at Shell Island Fish Camp today- they indicated maybe two more weeks for limited marina facilities ( in/out for storage customers )
The water level from Michael was higher than any previous hurricanes noted on the door to the shop.
It will definitely take some time for it to get back to it's normal (?) condition.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Captainawesomepants

Post by Captainawesomepants »

I called and the ranger said that the St. Marks lighthouse boat ramp is open.

Ochlockonee River State Park boat ramp is open as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks. Original post has been updated with this information.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Snapperlr

Post by Snapperlr »

Does anyone have any updates on the fort ramp in St Marks?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Will get an update when I'm down there tomorrow and post when I return. You can also call the City of St. Marks at 850-925-6224 for an official answer.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Anyone know what the condition of the channel mouth at Mashes Sands is like?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Had to stop by Shields this morning before going fishing. Drove by the Fort Ramp Road in St. Marks and it is still closed.

Drove over to the new ramp at Shell Point. The north floating dock is jammed up with debris and there is a lot of trash in the water. Fences around the parking lot were pulled away by the storm surge and the big handicapped Portalet is apparently on its way to Cancun. Walked all around to see if there were any obstacles in the water but none seen. Uneventful launch, although there are many damaged and destroyed residential docks. One nice sportfisher, a 32 Topaz if memory serves, ended up straddling the smashed dock, seawall and into the backyard. Lots of damage to homes throughout the community, unfortunately.

Saw a couple large items floating in the distance and some of the channel markers are pushed over. One red marker, last on the left just as you turn down the beach channel to head offshore, was barely above water at dead low this morning. When I came back this afternoon on the full moon high tide it was underwater. So be careful out there. Lots of stuff in the water that won't play well together with props, lower units or gel coat.

Here are a couple shots of the ramp and area:
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

StMarksAngler wrote:Anyone know what the condition of the channel mouth at Mashes Sands is like?
It’s good to go
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Xpress

Post by Xpress »

Anyone been to Ecofina? Whats the status there?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Updated in the original post.
Vitz

Post by Vitz »

I went to put my boat in at the AP Marina ramp on Sunday. After looking at it closer, I'm not sure it's usable and apparently others think so as well. The concrete slab at the top of the ramp is now tilted, lots of sand pushed up the ramp and there is still leftover flotsam/debris from the storm lying on the ramp. Based on what I saw, it doesn't look like anyone has used it since the storm and I wasn't going to be the first.
dudewheresmyplug

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

Xpress wrote:Anyone been to Ecofina? Whats the status there?
Both ramps are fine. Floating dock in between ramps was dislodged and has not be fixed yet. Perfectly good to launch though.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Update on Lanark and Carrabelle ramps.

The main public ramp in Cbelle is totally up and running. Any size boat. Fancy new parking lot and now a $10 ramp fee.

Lanark Boat Club is usable but sketchy. I launched there yesterday. Some underwater debris in the basin and the channel on the way out. I would recommend smaller craft only. Not ready for offshore rigs. Only one dock usable. You still have to be a member of the club to launch.

Be careful out there. I observed various parts of docks and a 30' telephone pole floating between Dog Island and Cbelle.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

rockyg wrote: I observed various parts of docks and a 30' telephone pole floating between Dog Island and Cbelle.
:o
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

Haven't read all the posts, but I fished out of the ramp under the bridge in Apalach last Wednesday (spent a little time in the "new cut". last Wednesday A whole lot of water moved through and a whole lot of sand moved out of the cut during Michael).

Public ramp on St George Island was closed last Thursday.