Local Boat Ramp Status?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Re: Local Boat Ramp Status?

Post by Srbenda »

Any updates on Shell Island Fish Camp? Their phones are still down.
All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Edited my original post to reflect current status of ramps as shared/reported.

If anyone has any more news, post up and I'll continue to update the thread.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

I know they are still in full rebuild mode
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

I stopped by Shell Island Fish Camp on Wednesday and spoke with Tim. He said that during the storm, the water was hitting the bottom of the house on stilts in the middle of the parking lot. The stilts put the house about 7 ft. of the ground. Water also got into all the hotel and cabin units. All the furniture from the units is piled up outside. The floating boat slips at Shell Island appear as if nothing has happened, but the staff appeared to making repairs to them. The awning covering the area where Shell Island stores its rental boats was in shreds but most of the boat racks seemed to have little damage. Tim said that it might be a week before Shell Island resumes marina operations.

Once operational, I am sure that Shell Island will appreciate our business in purchasing bait and fuel.
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

State park at SGI closed according to website. Last time I heard only residents allowed on island, but that was several days ago.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Updated original post with the latest reports. Buddy fished out of Aucilla on Wednesday and the ramp was open. Haven't heard if the other float dock has been righted yet or not.

Although the Shell Point ramp is open and undamaged, access to it and Spring Creek is limited to locals only. Deputies are turning others back around.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
fredhey

Post by fredhey »

Rode down to Mash Sands last evening and the ramp is open, clean with the floating dock in place. There were lights in the bathroom. Have NO idea if the channel has sanded in or not. One truck and trailer was in the parking lot.
cuda94

Post by cuda94 »

flatsbroke22 wrote:According to what I’ve read that used to be an inlet that was filled in years ago and now breached again.
I looked at aerials dated back to 1984 and I can not see where that was ever an actual inlet. It must have been sometime before 1984. Assuming yall are talking about the breach at Cape San Blas.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

cuda94 wrote:
flatsbroke22 wrote:According to what I’ve read that used to be an inlet that was filled in years ago and now breached again.
I looked at aerials dated back to 1984 and I can not see where that was ever an actual inlet. It must have been sometime before 1984. Assuming yall are talking about the breach at Cape San Blas.
flatsbroke22 wrote:
silverking wrote:Got some specific references, flats broke22? I'd be interested in learning more about that. Thanks.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1pBmHnKpN ... 0fy3j3shz3
Look at the Instagram link, it's further back in time than the aerial shots will go
cuda94

Post by cuda94 »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
cuda94 wrote:
flatsbroke22 wrote:
silverking wrote:Got some specific references, flats broke22? I'd be interested in learning more about that. Thanks.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1pBmHnKpN ... 0fy3j3shz3
Look at the Instagram link, it's further back in time than the aerial shots will go
ah ok...I was wondering. Thanks for the info
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I drove down to SMNWR today and talked to the toll booth person. Lighthouse Road should be open by Sunday, maybe even Saturday. Call 925-6121 to confirm.
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

I spoke with Michelle at Shell Island Fish Camp today to check on the status of the marina facilities. The damage is worse than I understood previously. Michelle thinks that they will not start taking boats in and out of the water with their forklifts unil the end of November. The forklifts will be in use making repairs to the facilities. However, the boat ramp at the fish camp is ready for use. However, I’d call ahead before planning to use the ramp. Those familiar with the ramp Know that it is small and doesn’t work well with largerr boats except at high tide.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Lanark Boat Club ramp is now open with conditions. The parking lot is still a mess and there is a big pile of debris on your right as you enter. The floating docks are in place but there is only one access point where the fish cleaning area used to be. All of the old wooden walkways are gone. There is some debris in the boat basin, some you can see some you can't. Carson who owns the Lanark Market told me his brand new $40k gas pumps are fried but he has new ones coming next week. Like many business owners down there a lot of their losses are not covered by insurance. The only way to recover is to work like heck to get back open and hope folks come down and spend some cash.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Is 98 passable from Medart to Carrabelle?
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Highway 98 is open all the way to Carrabelle. I understand but have not personally observed that you can now drive all the way to Eastpoint but some sections are just gravel. Rockys at Medart has all fuels and is fully open.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton