Boat ramp etiquette ......

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Boat ramp etiquette ......

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

This mainly applies to Keaton as most other places are easy to pitch someone off to get the truck and move out of the way to wait. But at Keaton people seem to think that the boat closest to the ramp get to pull out first. However their truck may be ten places back. The first trailer down the ramp pulls out first. So quit with the dirty looks and “we were here first”..”where does he think he going”. I got there early enough to park in the lot(not a half mile down the road), so don’t expect me to wait for your trailer to show up while you hold up the works. Ok rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat ramp etiquette ......

Post by DixieReb »

It was like a zoo there today at 4 pm. Took almost an hour to get loaded up. And we had to park almost to the store.
Yours in the South
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:Image
This mainly applies to Keaton as most other places are easy to pitch someone off to get the truck and move out of the way to wait. But at Keaton people seem to think that the boat closest to the ramp get to pull out first. However their truck may be ten places back. The first trailer down the ramp pulls out first. So quit with the dirty looks and “we were here first”..”where does he think he going”. I got there early enough to park in the lot(not a half mile down the road), so don’t expect me to wait for your trailer to show up while you hold up the works. Ok rant over.

Sorry to hear Greg, you are absolutely right. First trailer to the ramp is who loads first. I know you are to polite to give the stink eye, but sometimes it’s ok. Looks like social distancing works everywhere but the Keaton ramp. It was crowded at the refuge today as well.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
ddb

Post by ddb »

Amen to that. The ramp managers could help clarify that to those that don’t get the concept by posting a sign that says as much and marking off an area on the parking dock where you drop people off and boats don’t park.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

ddb wrote:Amen to that. The ramp managers could help clarify that to those that don’t get the concept by posting a sign that says as much and marking off an area on the parking dock where you drop people off and boats don’t park.
Most of them can’t read. Lol

milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I have to say the ramp at the fort yesterday fortunately wasn't filled with those types of googans. There were several boats waiting to be loaded but everyone was in line and ready to drop trailers in as the next was pulled out. So all was good there. But that ramp it Keaton is just bad for heavy traffic in general. But, like you guys said, the truck backing down is first up. I'm not waiting on you because you got to the ramp first. Whether it be you parked far away, someone won't let you back up in the parking lot (happens at Keaton a lot), or your slow ass takes your time getting to your vehicle.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

milto wrote:I have to say the ramp at the fort yesterday fortunately wasn't filled with those types of googans. There were several boats waiting to be loaded but everyone was in line and ready to drop trailers in as the next was pulled out. So all was good there. But that ramp it Keaton is just bad for heavy traffic in general. But, like you guys said, the truck backing down is first up. I'm not waiting on you because you got to the ramp first. Whether it be you parked far away, someone won't let you back up in the parking lot (happens at Keaton a lot), or your slow ass takes your time getting to your vehicle.
You’re right about them not letting you back out. I do not park on the right side coming in. Heck if you’re on the left side of the old lot they won’t let you in. Lot across street easier.