Carpet in a G3 Boat

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

homboyfsu

Re: Carpet in a G3 Boat

Post by homboyfsu »

Is that Blacktip Carpet?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

homboyfsu wrote:Is that Blacktip Carpet?
Pretty sure this is it, I saved it a while back when he did it so I could get for my boat BlackTip Jetsports Sheet Goods White Camo traction mats/Sea-Doo Carpets/Pads/Mat/Footwell https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00843WACQ/re ... fFbRHPTC57

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

kenfly wrote:Pretty sure this is it, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00843WACQ/re ... fFbRHPTC57
Correct!
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I just put the Blacktip foam on my casting platform and it is fantastic. I'll be doing my poling platform next.

sent from the Ketchup Packet
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

FishWithChris wrote:I just put the Blacktip foam on my casting platform and it is fantastic. I'll be doing my poling platform next.

How hot does it get? Can the bare feet handle it?

FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I had some double layered 13mm seadek on before and it was super squishy, comfortable, but needed to be replaced. I bought a role of the Blacktip stuff and took apart my platform, flipped, traced, cut, applied. This is more 5 - 6mm.

I enjoy this SO much more. The guys that have been on my boat can attest to n its comfort. The ridges are nice and its like a little massage for your feet. It does not get hot. I'm rarely at the front of the boat, but it was definitely a great purchase.

I have read reviews where some colors may bleed or run, but less than a hundo for a roll? I'll take it all day.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Good look FWC, been looking for something along those lines. Aka Cheaper Sea Deck

bbb

Carpet in a G3 Boat

Post by bbb »

eBay has a bunch of it listed.

I put the Snow Camo in my 1st 2 boats and it did great.

I installed the Blue Marble on my current boat and it does bleed a blue dust. I think its because my boat is out in the sun more and my previous 2 boats were kept under a shelter.

If I pressure wash the floor before I go, it will knock all the blue dust off. But who wants to wash your boat BEFORE you go fishing?
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

You should really consider EVA foam decking.. It's basically DIY seadek, peel and stick(a strong stick too) and it's incredibly cheap for what it is. I did my big boat for around $250, i've had it for a couple years(boat sits 24/7 in the sun and its held up really well.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

procraftwes wrote:You should really consider EVA foam decking.. It's basically DIY seadek, peel and stick(a strong stick too) and it's incredibly cheap for what it is. I did my big boat for around $250, i've had it for a couple years(boat sits 24/7 in the sun and its held up really well.

That looks like the stuff my buddy put in his G3( post 2)..... it looks good, feels good on the bare feet and it makes the deck much cooler. Without that reflected and radiant energy it makes it noticeably cooler
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Loving all these deck alternatives. Sea Deck quoted me two grand to do the skiff w/ install. Just more than I want to pay for foam, but these alternatives are right up my alley.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Red Beard wrote:Loving all these deck alternatives. Sea Deck quoted me two grand to do the skiff w/ install. Just more than I want to pay for foam, but these alternatives are right up my alley.

The alternatives are nice, but make no mistake, Seadek is the highest quality. There is a difference. It may not be worth the jump on price, but it is better.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

Will take your advice Salty Gator. I need to look at the type of boat I am using and how much I want to spend. Thanks! salute3
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Salty Gator wrote:
Red Beard wrote:Loving all these deck alternatives. Sea Deck quoted me two grand to do the skiff w/ install. Just more than I want to pay for foam, but these alternatives are right up my alley.

The alternatives are nice, but make no mistake, Seadek is the highest quality. There is a difference. It may not be worth the jump on price, but it is better.
I understand what you mean SG.

FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

If i had a little johnny or a pure utility boat, I'd 100% go with the BlackTip. However, if I were doing the whole deck, hull, etc... I'd 100% get one of the guys to come out and scan it. Either CastawayCustoms (SeaDek) or Aquatraction

Image Image Image