sgi late august

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rwagner

sgi late august

Post by rwagner »

hey i am going to sgi for the fist time in late august and was wondering how the fishing would be at this time? never been there befor but was told it is great fishing and a beautiful beach. info would be appreciated
thanks ryan
sailcat

Re: sgi late august

Post by sailcat »

I'm taking the family to SGI today for some surf fishing, within the state park, and at the E. end. Watch for my post and I will let you
know how we did. SGI is a beautiful place to visit. One thing for sure, if you fish the E. end of the island, have bug spray with deet to
fight of the yellow flies.
rwagner

Post by rwagner »

Capt Ron wrote:
rwagner wrote:hey i am going to sgi for the fist time in late august and was wondering how the fishing would be at this time? never been there befor but was told it is great fishing and a beautiful beach. info would be appreciated
thanks ryan
The fishing excellent. You can choose between tarpon, triple tail, trout, reds, spanish etc. In other words everything is in the bay or on the beaches. The down side is it's hot and calm. While your having fun, make sure you keep your fluid intake up, and not all beer :lol: .
thanks for the info and will try not to drink all beer but it will be hard :lol:
sailcat

Post by sailcat »

SGI surf 6-15-12 Wind was 10-15 NE, so it made surf fishing hard inside the park. After you go through the pay station, your first pull off is a good spot to surf fish. Go about 100 yards to your left and fish there. I didn't catch any whiting, but land a 23" Redfish. We also went to the E. end of SGI and it is
really nice. It was my first time there. If your taking the family, beware there is no bathroom facilities there. I saw one man catch a real nice Red there
also. If you on going to the far E. end of SGI, when you get to the pay station, make sure you tell the person there that you want to go the E. end, it's an
extra $6.00 and he will know if parking spaces are available; there is a limit of 20 vehicles.