Mashes Sands 9-7-2013

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Mashes Sands 9-7-2013

Post by CoastalPirate »

Hit Mashes Sands around 7am. Beautiful day! We fished on a falling tide, low low tide. Didn't take water temp but the air was in the mid 80s. We fished of the pier for about an hour. My buddy caught a nice sized whiting on a live shrimp. I caught a redfish and a flounder on a neon yellow jig head w/ a Gulp shrimp (rootbeer gold flake). We moved down to the shore and fished the shoreline the rest of the time. When the tide went out it left a good size pool that provided me a redfish. My buddies continued fishing the shoreline to the left of the pier and caught 2 jacks, 1 redfish, 2 huge lady fish and a couple of cats. All caught on live shrimp. No keepers today but all in all we had an awesome time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashes Sands 9-7-2013

Post by SS-342 »

A good report and a good time….what more could you ask?

Thanks for the report. It was interesting and a pleasure to read.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

:thumbup:
The Back Porch
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

Great to see people still enjoying themselves at Mashes. I use to love that place. Keep these reports coming :thumbup: :thumbup: