Duck Season eve...

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Duck Season eve...

Post by bman »

Boat and decoys are packed!

So who else is crazy and going out to fight the crowds?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Duck Season eve...

Post by MudDucker »

My boat is packed, my clothes and waders are laid out. Gonna get after them on public waters, because every cotton picking private hole I've have is either dry or has zero birds.

Y'all have a great and safe hunt! :smt006 :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

well was the hunt that bad we don't even get a report
i hope not
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

It was a fowl day for it. :wink:
bman

Post by bman »

Good morning and lots of birds... home, happy and TIRED!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELL BARRY AT LEAST YA GOT A FEW BIRDS, THAT IS MORE THAN MY BOYS DID. ON DAYS LIKE THIS I AM KINDA GLAD I CAN NOT GET OUT IN IT.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Myself and 10,000 of my new closest friends (based upon how close folks set up to each other) went to the hole known as Seminole. A few birds, but nothing close to what I heard were there last week. Picked up a few. Heard a lot of shooting on the main lake and learned later at Big Jim's that it was a massive coot kill off. Oh well, Duck Dynasty Fever usually wears off of the masses in a couple of weeks. :smt009
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

good to here ya'll got out and got a few
my son did not get out in Texas yesterday something about wife having a baby
i am like Pa , glad i was not with you Mudducker
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

We hit iamonnia opening morning and man it was crowded. It seems as though there are more and more inexperienced hunters every year. The sky blasting was in full force. We picked up a few, but most of the others I talked to said they couldn't get birds to come into their decs because of skyblasters. We did see a few boats heading out w a couple cases on natty and whiskey to spend the night in their spots Friday night. That's how crowded it has become. Thanks duck dynasty! Time to start thinking about a duck club. Glad some found some birds. Good luck to those headed out this afternoon
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Big Bend Brian

Post by Big Bend Brian »

bman, it's a bit too competitive for me in Ponte Vedra (and my duk loving children) to venture out. Over here by Guana WMA it's crazy to be one of the 100 hunters they let in (by 4 am this Sat they maxed out in hunters they let in).
The season has got to go a bit before the craziness wears off and the duks are not so numerous. Then the hunters drop off (still quite a few though). Sad as I love duk hunting .....will wait till later in the season here.

Hope your season is a great one!
Brian
Quality Time
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I went to the madness known as Guana WMA last year for the first time in over 25 years. Had to nap in the truck to be one of the first 100. Went with two college kids who said the birds were there by the thousands. It was a zoo and obviously new math does not lead to accurate duck counts. There were a couple hundred ruddy ducks. Saw some bigger ducks and moved and killed our combined 4 blue bill allotment and one teal. Have no plans to go back this year.

Having said all of that, I am crazy when it comes to hunting duck and I would do it all again, which is obvious since I've been doing it for more than 40 years. I just personally appreciate it more in smaller more private proceedings.
Big Bend Brian

Post by Big Bend Brian »

MudDucker wrote:I went to the madness known as Guana WMA last year for the first time in over 25 years. There were a couple hundred ruddy ducks. Saw some bigger ducks and moved and killed our combined 4 blue bill allotment and one teal.
For sure MudDucker! I understand. Late in the season at Guana there are tons of bluebills. Not the best eating but they decoy great. Only bummer is that you get two pretty quick - although then you get to watch a lot more of them coming into the dekes...wings cupped, feet down........Love passing that on to my children.
Brian
Quality Time
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Big Bend Brian wrote:
MudDucker wrote:I went to the madness known as Guana WMA last year for the first time in over 25 years. There were a couple hundred ruddy ducks. Saw some bigger ducks and moved and killed our combined 4 blue bill allotment and one teal.
For sure MudDucker! I understand. Late in the season at Guana there are tons of bluebills. Not the best eating but they decoy great. Only bummer is that you get two pretty quick - although then you get to watch a lot more of them coming into the dekes...wings cupped, feet down........Love passing that on to my children.
Brian
I love to watch a duck riding cupped wings swinging to and fro to land in my decoys. I've been known to let a hundred land before flushing and shooting. :thumbup:

My daughter went one time with me and she wasn't crazy about it, but my son and I went all over the country hunting and fishing. I would not take anything for the time spent with him introducing him to the sport I love. My daughter will go in a skinny minute to fish or scallop, just not hunting. :-D