Opening Day 2015

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Opening Day 2015

Post by MudDucker »

Well, hit the road this morning and ran to the coast to duck hunt. Probably should have taken rods and reels instead. Stopped in one place and had 4 shotable ducks come through. The first, a teal, escaped without a shot fired. The next three were not so lucky. Two buffies and a ganser gave their all.

Heard ducks were on the coast from federal game warden. He must be looking only inside the refuge. Good news, my new Prodigy and 44 HDR ran great.
Last edited by MudDucker on November 24th, 2015, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Danibeth

Re: Opening Day 2015

Post by Danibeth »

My opening weekend went pretty good. Hunted the coast both days. Saturday I got two redheads, sunday two redheads and four buffleheads and one stud muffin of a hooded merganser. I was pretty happy with the results of the weekend.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Opening Day 2015

Post by MudDucker »

Danibeth wrote:My opening weekend went pretty good. Hunted the coast both days. Saturday I got two redheads, sunday two redheads and four buffleheads and one stud muffin of a hooded merganser. I was pretty happy with the results of the weekend.
I'm glad you did better. We talked to a couple of guys who had 2 redheads. Even with our scouting run, we didn't see more than 40 redheads and maybe 100 bluebills.

We limited on woodies Sunday in a local river hole, so the weekend got better.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!