Sat 11/12/16 hunt

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Sat 11/12/16 hunt

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

My wife said she was doing something with a friend this morn and not going to sit. So I invited Tim out to hunt. I told her " you know they gonna show since she not in stand". She said that ok. So we get in the big box stand at 6:00. I'm looking for a big one and he is looking for his any buck. We saw nothing for quite a while except for a hawk. No shots heard anywhere. Was beginning to think nothing was going to show today, I saw movement. I got the binos up and saw it was a big bodied six point. Tim got his gun up and I told him to take it when he had a broadside shot. About a minute later he offered the shot. I was watching through the binos. At the shot the buck arched up and ran off with limp front legs. It was 7:45 so we sat a while longer. At 8:07 two more bucks came out and fed. Then they were joined by another buck and they all fed for a while then moved off. So at 8:30 we got down to track. Good blood at the spot and a trail that Ray Charles could follow. He only went about 40 yards. Tim looks happy. Image. Image. We loaded him up and headed to deans. Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danibeth

Re: Sat 11/12/16 hunt

Post by Danibeth »

Nice deer. Congrats to your buddy
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Great to take a friend hunting and let him do the killing! the big ones ought to be moving soon around you-stay after em-should only get better the next week!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

FTReelty wrote:Great to take a friend hunting and let him do the killing! the big ones ought to be moving soon around you-stay after em-should only get better the next week!
Thanks Yeah the rut is starting. You been lately?

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Danibeth wrote:Nice deer. Congrats to your buddy
. Thanks he was excited.

FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Yes, last 3 afternoons-seeing a few, but nothing to shoot at yet. Gonna keep after em the next couple days, then got to head out of town for thanksgiving. Hope you get that big one!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

FTReelty wrote:Yes, last 3 afternoons-seeing a few, but nothing to shoot at yet. Gonna keep after em the next couple days, then got to head out of town for thanksgiving. Hope you get that big one!
. Thank you sir.