Took my son Saturday

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

Took my son Saturday

Post by fishfalcon »

I had a chance to take my son deer hunting on Friday. He wanted to sit by himself so I dropped him off in the stand. He jumped two does walking in and that was the only deer he saw. Saturday, he wanted to go again and sit in the same stand. The first hour was pretty quiet for both of us. I then had a young 6 point walk up a trail to about 60 yards from me. I texted my son to be alert and that deer were moving. He texted back that he had a doe walk under his stand. I asked if he did not have a shot(he likes to pull the trigger), and he texted back it was a young deer. I was surprised, but proud of him. Five minutes later, I hear the boom and know it has to be him. He texted me and said he had just shot the man. I started gathering my stuff and heading his direction. I then got nervous and texted him again asking was the deer down. He sent me a picture in return. He shot the deer broadside at 70 yards and it had turned toward him and ran within 20 yards of the stand before crashing down making the recovery simple. It was a job for the two of us to drag him up out of the creek bottom and load him into my truck. I will say the gamecheck process went very smoothly. Truly a great day with my son.ImageImage
Hit-n-Miss

Took my son Saturday

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Congrats on an awesome hunt and deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FTReelty

Re: Took my son Saturday

Post by FTReelty »

Quality Time! Got to enjoy them while you can-they grow up and move on in a hurray, but what great memories! Congrats!
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Nice
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Suweet! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Awesome buck and awesome family memories made! Congrats! :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945