Fun Game Camera Video Compilation

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Re: Fun Game Camera Video Compilation

Post by big bend gyrene »

10-4, Salty Gator. No plans to intercede with either the yotes or the bears' health issues, but instead just curious and do appreciate the detailed information.

Would guess at least one of the yotes I saw might have had sarcoptic mange as it sat scratching HARD for 10 minutes or so, and that was dead center into a bloody sore the size of my fist. It would walk a few steps after minutes of scratching and couldn't resist starting right back at it. Was hard to watch. This is a while back though / not the same time frame of the ones in the clip.

As the video shows, nature sure isn't always easy on wild critters. Buck with the broken ear shown towards the end of the video also is now blind in the eye on the same side of the broken ear (is the same buck that runs away at the last second from the broken horn buck near the beginning). Each time I see a limping deer, turkey, bobcat, etc, can't help but wish I knew the backstory behind the injury.

Thanks again for the interesting scoop.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Fun Game Camera Video Compilation

Post by MudDucker »

big bend gyrene wrote:
MudDucker wrote:You must have borrowed Barry's horseshoe when you found that place! :thumbup:
MudDucker, while I feel INSANELY blessed, trust me when I say Barry's horseshoe cast a good bit of fortune (LITERALLY) his way while I on the other hand went down the path of being cash poor for a while. ;-)

Property largely wasn't visible from the road, was actually off the market at the time, and I only asked Barry to get involved after a Lloyd neighbor of mine pretty much forced me to go driving around with him to look at places he thought I should consider. Deal pretty much fell in Barry's lap and once he learned there was a pond on it, I found it darn near impossible to keep him focused on business versus fishing (TRUE STORY).
The boy has his priorities straight! He just knew you would be happy unless that pond produces quality fish and he being a quality fisherman, had to test it for you! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!