Increasing tournament day entries

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

Increasing tournament day entries

Post by milto »

Hey everyone, I was looking at some of the pictures from years past and saw a bunch of people that I either don't recognize or I do recognize and haven't seen fish a tournament in a while. I just wanted to put some feelers out on how I can help us get more entries into our NFGFC monthly tournaments. We gave away almost $1000 in winnings our first tournament of the year, but have dropped off since then. So, before football season comes, I was wondering if I could do anything if not this year, suggest it for next.

p.s. As I have come to find out in my couple of years fishing the club, grown men are highly sensitive. So, if it is about someone in particular, please just send me a PM so we don't get anyones panties in a bundle... :lol: :lol:
TroutTrent

Re: Increasing tournament day entries

Post by TroutTrent »

I would say one of the biggest things is try to have our tournaments on different days of other tournaments perfect example the optimist tournament out of Keaton is the same time as Port St Joe tournament it would be nice to be able fish both of them just my two cents worth see y'all at st joe :beer:
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Thanks for your reply Trent. I will definitely look at that next year as best as possible. We tend to have our tournaments on the first Saturday following the first Thursday of each month. When we were planning this years tournament, we only ran into one conflict that we knew of but some of these tournaments aren't planned out as far in advance. Either way I appreciate your feedback and will try to get a list of tournaments in the area and see if there is any schedule changes we can make.

and I will definitely see you in St.Joe :beer: :beer:
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

This is one reason some are not fishing, people who live over 60 miles from the Thursday meeting would maybe have fished but not paying $5.00 extra.Same day registration fee is $25 for the 2 person team.Trouttrent had a good point with conflicting tournaments like the Keaton Tournament Michael Aman made the club aware of the Special Olympics well in advance of the club schedule coming out the Optimist is always the first Saturday of May.
Warrior Inshore Charters
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

:thumbup:
Warrior wrote:This is one reason some are not fishing, people who live over 60 miles from the Thursday meeting would maybe have fished but not paying $5.00 extra.Same day registration fee is $25 for the 2 person team.Trouttrent had a good point with conflicting tournaments like the Keaton Tournament Michael Aman made the club aware of the Special Olympics well in advance of the club schedule coming out the Optimist is always the first Saturday of May.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Warrior wrote:This is one reason some are not fishing, people who live over 60 miles from the Thursday meeting would maybe have fished but not paying $5.00 extra.Same day registration fee is $25 for the 2 person team.Trouttrent had a good point with conflicting tournaments like the Keaton Tournament Michael Aman made the club aware of the Special Olympics well in advance of the club schedule coming out the Optimist is always the first Saturday of May.
Thanks Warrior for replying. I hope you guys understand that we didn't make this change for the extra $5 just to piss people off. We thought it was a nominal fee to add a little extra money to the tournament winnings. Secondly, it would maybe bring more people to the meetings to buy and win raffles. Not to mention, as you know getting up early to be down there as the tournament director sucks. :-o So, that was our thought behind the $5. As far as the schedule, yes Amen did tell us they were going to have the tournament when we were trying to make our schedule. We tried for a while to confirm it with the person organizing the event and it was hard to reach him with all of the events that were happening then. Also, when we did talk to him it was agreed that it might be a good idea to hold them at the same time since the rules were the same, and only the weigh in time was different.

p.s. unless I am missing something these were the dates I found for previous Special Olympic Tournaments which go against what you say about it being the first Saturday...

2010 - April 30th
2011 - April 30th
2012 - ?
2013 - March 8th
2014 - March 9th
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

The optimist club tourney is the one he is referring to the first sat in may every year.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Hey Amen, Do you know of a site or list of all of the tournaments throughout the year so I can plan around them better next year? I will try to compile a list for the main ones so we can plan a little better. We just stuck to having our tournaments the first Saturday following the first Thursday to make it easier for the club.

and thanks for pointing out that he was referring to the May Tournament. I didn't catch that
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Seahag marina posts a lot of them on their site I usually check the woods n water often but most of them are usually the same each year he has been moving the special Olympics one a lil that's why I stay in contact with him so I can plan around my work since we get a weekend off a month is all.I got the date from straight from him early is why I informed the club.the only other tournament I know that's close to the first of the month too is the reeling for kids in June.the man in charge of that info is creston Blanchard you can find him on Facebook or their tournament.