REDTROUT SHOOTOUT BACK ON!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: REDTROUT SHOOTOUT BACK ON!

Post by GaryDroze »

Pus-Sucking Brain Worms signing up today.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

saltycrab wrote:
SHOWBOAT wrote:used to be a trend that Hurley would schedule a tourney and a hurricane would meet us at the ramps. He took the conventional approach of fish at your own risk, rain or shine. I believe that is probably the case, no reschedule.
In a way I could understand it, as I probably wouldn't be able to make a re-schedule, but being where we are weather can always be an issue. Would just stink to be out of that money! :smt012

I believe the "No Cancel" tournament policy was started because of the overhead expense of putting these tournaments on, and because of the launch at any ramp format of the tournament. You could have a situation where folks planning on fishing Keaton might be in a severe storm and St. Joe Bay would be okay.

Also - Brian shells out a lot of $$$ for Captains Meetings with live bands, banquet rooms, t-shirts, etc. I can remember a year or two ago when one did get canceled and he was out a lot of money for his efforts to raise funds for charity. He offered refunds, but several of us told him to just keep our entry fees to help cover his expenses.

Sometimes it's got to be about more than just the fishing.
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

Steve Stinson wrote:
saltycrab wrote:
SHOWBOAT wrote:used to be a trend that Hurley would schedule a tourney and a hurricane would meet us at the ramps. He took the conventional approach of fish at your own risk, rain or shine. I believe that is probably the case, no reschedule.
In a way I could understand it, as I probably wouldn't be able to make a re-schedule, but being where we are weather can always be an issue. Would just stink to be out of that money! :smt012

I believe the "No Cancel" tournament policy was started because of the overhead expense of putting these tournaments on, and because of the launch at any ramp format of the tournament. You could have a situation where folks planning on fishing Keaton might be in a severe storm and St. Joe Bay would be okay.

Also - Brian shells out a lot of $$$ for Captains Meetings with live bands, banquet rooms, t-shirts, etc. I can remember a year or two ago when one did get canceled and he was out a lot of money for his efforts to raise funds for charity. He offered refunds, but several of us told him to just keep our entry fees to help cover his expenses.

Thanks for explaining Steve, makes total sense! :thumbup:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Steve Stinson wrote:
saltycrab wrote:

I was never aware any of the money made at the shootout tournaments went to charity. If that's the case he should get more recognition for it. Those "captains meetings" that you are referring to cost money to attend, it's not like he's throwing a big party w bakini contests just to be a nice guy. I'm pretty sure if he wasn't making money he wouldn't be doing it
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

The captains' meetings cost nothing to attend.

As far as the bikini contests: I don't know if there is a cover charge, as I've never attended one, because I wish to stay happily married until death do us part.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

GaryDroze wrote:The captains' meetings cost nothing to attend.

As far as the bikini contests: I don't know if there is a cover charge, as I've never attended one, because I wish to stay happily married until death do us part.
Steve stension mentiones that Brian shells out a lot of Money for the captains meetings. Maybe assuming too much here, but I don't think is talking about the mandatory captains meetings at kevins, but the other meetings w bakini contests and all that at the golf course. That's why Captains meetings were in quotes in my post
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

GaryDroze wrote:The captains' meetings cost nothing to attend.

This man speaks the truth!!! :-D
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Gary I guess you and Pettis and I are the only ones fishing !! :smt006
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm happy with 3rd place!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Anybody got results?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

With less than 10 minutes left to fish, I hung a 16-spot redfish to win that pot.

Next NFGFC meeting, I'll give a talk on how to target and land multispot reds, based on tides, temperature, season, winds, solunar tables, barometric pressure, and gas price fluctuations. It's a science.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

GaryDroze wrote:With less than 10 minutes left to fish, I hung a 16-spot redfish to win that pot.

Next NFGFC meeting, I'll give a talk on how to target and land multispot reds, based on tides, temperature, season, winds, solunar tables, barometric pressure, and gas price fluctuations. It's a science.
...and the pressure of the tourney clock running out.
The Back Porch
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Not full results, but I know who got 1st!! Myself, bigphishy, and milto! 10 lbs 15oz.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Results now up on the tournament web site. Congrats to all the winners. Several teams from this forum with impressive stringers/catches of fish.

seatroutshootout.com

Wish I could have competed but was still in Cabo on assignment. Look forward to the Redtrout Shootout returning next spring.