CCA STAR Tournament

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rainman
Site Sponsor

Re: CCA STAR Tournament

Post by Rainman »

from rule 11 on the CCA Star website:

Failure to properly complete an electronic entry will result in entry disqualification. All fish entered shall be photographed and entered only once and only one fish per participant, per division, per species, per day may be entered in the tournament, except for in the Conservation Division. Winning entries must be verified by the STAR Director and/or the tournament committee. Participants may be required to provide additional information if requested by the STAR Director or committee (including, but not limited to, additional images from the same camera that was used for tournament photos). CCA Florida, the STAR Director, and the STAR committee reserve the right to reject any entry. Any falsification of information provided by the registered participant will lead to immediate disqualification of the entry and the angler. Failure to comply with these rules will result in the forfeiture of any and all prizes. All committee decisions will be final. Additionally, violators of tournament rules may be subject to prosecution under local, state, and federal laws.

Looks to me you can submit one fish of each species each day. If i submit a trout everyday of the tournament then i have a that many entries. You can't catch a 100 trout in one day and enter them all, except for the conservation division, you could submit all of them... Actually, in the conservation division you can submit an entry for any type of fish, pin fish, puffer fish, lizard fish, king, etc.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

I stopped by Cape Harbor today and found the verification devices haven't arrived. They were supposed to be there yesterday.
The Back Porch
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Thanks for the contact SK, spoke with Miriam on Friday she got me clear on Associate Memberships, I thought they were added under my membership but not true. Each person has their own account, login etc. just a different membership level, the associate connection is made internally based on address so they linked us all up. It also allowed them to add the STAR tournament fee so now all three of us don't have to worry about catching a tagged redfish :-D
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Any word yet on verification devices arriving locally?

I was hoping to get started on the 23rd!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just traded texts with the tournament director and she's hoping to have everything finalized tomorrow, Weds, 5/20. She's going to let me know and I'll post it here.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just confirmed Cape Harbor Outfitters in Tallahassee is THE official verification site for our area. They have devices and are ready to disperse them to registered anglers.

They are located on Raymond Diehl Road, next to Osaka Restaurant. See exact address in earlier post.

Leiza Fitzgerald, the tournament director, will be at the Big Bend CCA Banquet tonight for those of you going and will also have verification devices there.

This just in as well. The first STAR tagged redfish caught will drive away with a brand new GMC truck, thanks to Conley Buick GMC. And if you think you don't have a chance, a STAR tagged redfish was just caught down near Bayport, but it was re-released and is still swimming around out there. There's some in Big Bend waters too.

So get your devices and get out on the water. Good luck and tight lines, STAR anglers. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just picked up my verification device/ruler from CHO. Nice shop, some great sales going on.

You need to show your registration (the app will work) and you're good to go.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Got it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432326608.737171.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432326608.737171.jpg (117.69 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
The Back Porch
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I tried 5 times to log my catch yesterday and today. Logged in, completely filled out the form, submitted a picture (accepted by the form), clicked "submit" and got a red flag response that said "File upload failed. Invalid File format."

I called the director's phone number and left a message.

VERY FRUSTRATING. Feel like I wasted my entry fee.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

I picked up my Star verification device at Bluewater in PSJ when I asked for it they initially tried to sell me a regular fishing ruler, then did not seem to know what the CCA Star tournament was. I pointed out they were an official checkpoint? Finally got to someone who had a clue he went and dug around behind a counter and finally produced one... Seems like info was lacking somewhere between CCA and the shops.
2008 Yamaha 150
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Some tentative good news, in case anybody else is having problems...

I got a personal call back very promptly from Assistant tourney director Andrea Gillespie, who patiently endured my detailed narrative of catch log submission woes, and vowed to fix the problem within a day. Encouraging!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I'm not acting in any official capacity other than as a lifetime member who would love to see CCA membership ranks jump dramatically. That said, these issues should have been resolved long before the start but like any first-time event they are having some hiccups. Glad to see they responded already, Gary.

Another STAR tagged red was caught Saturday but the angler wasn't registered so he lost out on a new GMC pickup. There are 79 more tagged reds swimming out there and I truly hope some Big Bend anglers land some. I'm going to give it a go myself at dawn tomorrow.

Good luck and tight lines all!
SK
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Another caught in PSJ but not registered it was released...
2008 Yamaha 150
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Today was my 3rd attempt to log a catch in five days. Still unsuccessful. The director & assistant director have been super about communicating with me - I'm pretty sure I'll get credit for those catches even though the website submission form is not accepting them - but still kinda frustrating (probably as much for them as for me).

Anybody else out there trying to log catches via the CCA STAR website...and are you able to? I still get a red box that says "Invalid File Format" every time.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

This just in...

Jerry Bergeron of CCA Tampa is driving home his brand-spanking new 2015 GMC Sierra pickup after catching the first STAR-tagged redfish. Conley Buick GMC was the generous sponsor.

The next tagged red wins a Hell's Bay Waterman complete with custom trailer and Yamaha outboard. But you can't win if you aren't registered. One angler in St. Joe last week caught a tagged red but lost out because he hadn't entered the tournament.

Sign up before you miss out. There's another 79 redfish still swimming around, plus lots of other great prizes, including college scholarships for the juniors. Fishing lasts all summer through Labor Day. $30 to enter if you're a current CCA member; $60 if not, which includes a one-year membership, subscription to TIDE magazine, SeaWatch newsletter and allegiance with the most effective marine conservation group out there.

http://www.ccaflstar.com