NFGFC - August 2015 Tourney ROLL CALL

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

NFGFC - August 2015 Tourney ROLL CALL

Post by milto »

Hi everyone!! I will have the results from our last tournament up soon. We are just a couple weeks from our next tournament. I heard the last one was a tough day. I can't wait to get back in the action next month. Who is joining us??

The NFGFC August 8th, 2015 Tournament will be held out of Panacea at Rock Landing Marina
Anglers may launch from any ramp from St. Marks over to the Ochlockonee River. Safelight is 6:30 a.m. EST
Please review the rules at http://www.nfgfc.org/Rules.html
Entry forms are located at http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html

-Tournament entry fee is $20 per (2 person) boat for club members if you register at the meeting on July 2nd . $10 per each additional member (up to 4 anglers) All non members will pay an additional $5 on top of all regular member fees.

- You can also sign up using our easy online payments at http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html
**This replaces the tournament day sign ups and all entries must be received by 10pm on the Thursday prior to the tournament

-PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE FOR ENTRY FEES AND EACH OF THE SIDE POTS. At registration, those who have their forms filled out will be registered first.

Tournament Format: LAST SLOT TOURNAMENT (5 trout - 15-20”). The combined weight of each team’s limit of fish will determine the winner.

Side pots:
Big Trout - $5 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win (Heaviest SLOT TROUT).
Big Redfish - $10 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win.
Total weight - $5 per boat, Most combined weight of all tournament fish (Trout, Red, Flounder, & Mystery fish) ***does not count toward angler of the year points***

NEW!! - $50 BASS PRO GIFT CARD!! - Given to the angler with the redfish with the MOST SPOTS!! http://www.basspro.com/

Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel will continue to offer a $50.00 gift certificate for the biggest Flounder at each North Florida Gulf Fishing Club Tournament for 2015 http://www.kevinscatalog.com/

Thanks to Bevis Realty for sponsoring the Mystery Fish for each month; $100 for the largest BLACK TIP SHARK!!

Teams must be checked in by 3:30 pm EST on tournament day. There will be a sign in sheet that at least one member must sign off on before the 3:30p.m. check in time. The weigh-in will begin at 3:45 pm and teams will weigh their fish in the order of entry.

Who's In?
One Keeper

Re: NFGFC - August 2015 Tourney ROLL CALL

Post by One Keeper »

BASS BOYS WILL BE THERE. :-D
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I know there are more than just Chuck & Jeff fishing. Trying to get a head count. Who else is fishing?

Myself, George, & Jeff are in
Bass Boys are in
Huck & Lauri are in with Spencer
Hobbs & Lewis

Gary & Tad?
Gary Droze?
Harwoods?
Showman & Kramer?
Whartons & Haas?

I know I'm missing others...
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm in. Won't break my heart to not win the mystery fish...

Last blacktip shark I kept was 98lbs and 70 inches. Towed my kayak around Wakulla Beach for 45 minutes. Almost herniated trying to heft it into the station wagon. Took 2.5 hours to fillet it in the front yard. Neighbors thought I was dismembering my wife. Silly neighbors; only a moron would chop somebody up in the FRONT yard.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Stinson and Taylor are in. :thumbup:
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

speaking of mystery fish, what are the specific regs on the black tips? Is it 1 per vessel that you can keep? Just want to make sure we know and talk about it at the meeting tomorrow.
bcastleb

Post by bcastleb »

Padgett, Bushatz, and Castleberry will be there.
B.Castleberry
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/sharks/

From my reading. There is no size limit on Black Tip. And you can have 1 per harvester or two per vessel.

Make sure that you keep a Black Tip and not a Spinner. A Black Tip will have black tips except a white anal fin while a Spinner has all black fins and a black anal fin.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Good point. Also: front edge of the dorsal fin of blacktips is even with pectoral fins. Dorsal fin of spinners is further back, behind the pec fins.

And of course, you can identify with behavioral traits. If the shark attacks and devours you, it is a tiger or bull shark. Not only do you die, but you get no mystery fish bonus money.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

based on what I'm seeing from the snapchat story from RustyG, looks like Jeff, George and Jimmy and Russ have one heck of a stringer coming to the board!

Should be another first place finish for these guys! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Who won?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

mpa_72001 wrote:Who won?
See my previous post... 1st place and Big Trout. :lol: :lol:

I believe an 11 spotted Redfish won most spots
and a blacktip barely bigger than my shoe. :lol: :lol:
galantnole wrote:based on what I'm seeing from the snapchat story from RustyG, looks like Jeff, George and Jimmy and Russ have one heck of a stringer coming to the board!

Should be another first place finish for these guys! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

just wanted to let everyone know that the results and standings have been updated on the site.
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Close points race, should be a good last three tournaments. Those bonus points really liven up the competition.