NFGFC - February 6th 2016 Kickoff Tourney!!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC - February 6th 2016 Kickoff Tourney!!

Post by GaryDroze »

I ordered a little Kevlar canoe that weighs 11lbs, mostly so I could keep fishing redtrout/seatrout shootout (boat mandatory) tournaments even as I get older and too gimpy to lug 40lb kayaks. If it gets here in time, looks like I'll be using it for NFGFC monthlies, too.

www.slipstreamwatercraft.com (If I like it enough, I'm going to be the Panhandle dealer for these totable boats)
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

9.5 Pounds ! Holy Cow - your stringer of fish is going to be heavier than your boat.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I made one correction to our first tournament. That is the side pot for redfish. Since Bass Pro is back sponsoring the red with the most spots, we are going to have the side pot be the big redfish instead of spots like we normally do on our first combo tourney.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

BASS BOYS will be there. :thumbup:
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Team Reel A Salt will be there. Wharton/Haas.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

With the negative tides and high winds forecast in the morning Saturday, we have decided to give everyone an extra hour of fishing!! We will have check in by 4:30pm instead of our regular 3:30 weigh in time. We will go over this in the meeting Thursday and if anyone signs up online I will send a reply to make sure they know.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

My 11 pound canoe should be delivered before Saturday. Hoping the forecast high winds don't blow it away from me when I try to launch...
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

milto wrote:With the negative tides and high winds forecast in the morning Saturday, we have decided to give everyone an extra hour of fishing!! We will have check in by 4:30pm instead of our regular 3:30 weigh in time. We will go over this in the meeting Thursday and if anyone signs up online I will send a reply to make sure they know.
Seems like one team may be a bit nervous ? LOL or are you guy giving yourself enough time to make it back from where ? LOL...Thanks for the extra hour....we are sleeping in !!! :smt004
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

results and photos are posted on the site!!

http://www.nfgfc.org/2016/2016-Feb-Tourney-Results.html

p.s. this is where Gulfcoast adds his smarta$$ comments on how fast the results were posted compared to last year. :lol: :lol: :smt064
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congrats to the winners. Tough conditions that day. We were inside with propane heaters and it was still chilly.
Last edited by silverking on February 9th, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

milto wrote:results and photos are posted on the site!!

http://www.nfgfc.org/2016/2016-Feb-Tourney-Results.html

p.s. this is where Gulfcoast adds his smarta$$ comments on how fast the results were posted compared to last year. :lol: :lol: :smt064
Who me ??? a smarta$$ ...ha... NEVER !!! :smt005 :smt004