2018 Rock The Dock

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

HighOnTheFlats

2018 Rock The Dock

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

Anyone participating this year?
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: 2018 Rock The Dock

Post by GaryDroze »

First time in years I don't hafta spend part of the weekend at a track meet. I'm in (kayak division).
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

BASS BOYS WILL BE THERE :-D
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

We will be there with bells on, hopefully in our new ride!!!!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

6 straight weeks of tournaments that I know about....maybe more ?
HighOnTheFlats

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

Nice, I went be participating in the tournament, but I will partake in the festivities. :drnk_1
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

I am looking at entering in the kayak division. This would be my first tournament and I'm pretty new to kayak fishing also.
TX_RodNReel

Post by TX_RodNReel »

This will be the 5th year (I believe) that I've driven from Texas to Panacea to fish Rock The Dock... I keep tellin folks this is one of the most fun events (and toughest to fish)... Payout is small... But I don't go for the payout.

If you see a bunch of Texas Boys hangin out, come on and shake a hand... we are registered in the Kayak Division.
cotton

2018 Rock The Dock

Post by cotton »

If they ever make the kayak division catch, photo & release like 99.9% of all other kayak tournaments I’m all in. Until then, I’ll just be jealous of those that do.

Good luck to everyone!!!
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Cotton, I respect your position, but I kayak fish this tournament to feed my high school track team, whether I win or lose! Good luck and safe boating to to all. Gary
cotton

Post by cotton »

GaryDroze wrote:Cotton, I respect your position, but I kayak fish this tournament to feed my high school track team, whether I win or lose!
Thanks Gary, its sucks sticking to my beliefs about trophy fish. I even thought about fishing exclusively for redfish just so I don’t get left out.
Oh well, maybe next year.
DocHol45

Post by DocHol45 »

Anybody know if the Saturday Trout bag is slot only or if we can have one over 20" in there like the FWC bag limit?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Only slots
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

TexasRodNReel, I will look for you. I was trying to convince my good buddy from Sinton, Texas to come and fish with me. I went to High school in Texas but lived here since 1994. I havent decided if Im entering the tournament, but I am certainly coming over to get a shirt and watch the weigh in!
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
TX_RodNReel

Post by TX_RodNReel »

TomParis wrote:TexasRodNReel, I will look for you. I was trying to convince my good buddy from Sinton, Texas to come and fish with me. I went to High school in Texas but lived here since 1994. I havent decided if Im entering the tournament, but I am certainly coming over to get a shirt and watch the weigh in!
Tom... We will most likely be set up with tents at the weigh in, shouldn't be hard to miss... My good friend owns a kayak shop in Tally (also the reason we do this trip every year) so we usually head out to support his business during the event.

Sinton is near one of my favorite stretches of the Texas Coast... In fact, I will be fishing that area a couple weeks after I get back from Rock The Dock.