Rock the Dock results

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Rock the Dock results

Post by silverking »

Doesn't look like the official results have been posted yet, but the leaderboard showed a few forum members with nice catches.

Gary "Sheik" Droze had the lead in the kayak redfish division while Showboat and Matt were contenders in the trout and redfish rec categories. Congrats guys. Hope those catches held up.

The other impressive mark was a nearly 51-pound king mackerel. That weight would win the SKA Nationals most years.

Glad the weather cooperated for a change.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
BillytheKid

Re: Rock the Dock results

Post by BillytheKid »

The weather was great aside from some bad wind that kicked up on Saturday. I heard that it blew some canopies around in the park. It caught me trying to cross back from piney island n my kayak and forced me to turn back. Had to cut across at more of an angle to take the waves head on.
Last edited by BillytheKid on April 30th, 2018, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

our fish held pretty well. Matt had the 3rd place red and the 4.10# trout. My trout held in the recreation division and the kayker who beat me wasn't in the jackpot. Had a great weekend, caught a bunch of fish and walked away with just over $6k. Have some pics I'll try to post later. Good to see all the Club folks in Panacea.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

SHOWBOAT wrote:our fish held pretty well. Matt had the 3rd place red and the 4.10# trout. My trout held in the recreation division and the kayker who beat me wasn't in the jackpot. Had a great weekend, caught a bunch of fish and walked away with just over $6k. Have some pics I'll try to post later. Good to see all the Club folks in Panacea.
Strong, congrats
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

I fished both Saturday and Sunday, and the wind my only weather complaint. I won the Trash fish slam, caught a Catfish, Stingray and a ladyfish.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I had #1 red Saturday (6.78) and #1 Sunday (7.57), but they only award one place now. Fair enough.

Wish I would have had an accurate scale with me (there was a $1000 target weight prize for a 6.10lb red). I sight-fished a huge pod of voracious 25-27" reds in a creek east of the lighthouse on Sunday. With a one-red limit and a malfunctioning scale, I played it safe and just decided to keep the first taker with shoulders.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Gary,

Congrats on your catches.

Take some of your winnings and invest in a genuine BogaGrip 30# scale. Rugged stainless steel construction that will stand up even to your abuse. Can be sent to the International Game Fish Association annually for certification, which would work for tournaments and world records.
10088351.jpg
10088351.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... gIDufD_BwE

Showboat, I'm sure your new bride can find something to purchase with all your well-deserved loot. :wink:
Last edited by silverking on April 30th, 2018, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

GaryDroze wrote:I had #1 red Saturday (6.78) and #1 Sunday (7.57), but they only award one place now. Fair enough.

Wish I would have had an accurate scale with me (there was a $1000 target weight prize for a 6.10lb red). I sight-fished a huge pod of voracious 25-27" reds in a creek east of the lighthouse on Sunday. With a one-red limit and a malfunctioning scale, I played it safe and just decided to keep the first taker with shoulders.
And we're glad you did, Gary. My partner, Brett Hader, weighed a 6.08 lb red and won the $1000 target weight prize. It pays to fish with folks that have "it"... :beer: :beer: :D
Boom goes the dynamite.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Congrats Gary and showboat. We had a rough day biggest trout we had was about 3.5 .we lost two big trout Mike lost one about 6 pounds flipped out the net on me and then I lost a big one right after not far from the boat.yhats the way it goes.