2018 CCA STAR Tournament Details

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zload
Site Sponsor

Re: 2018 CCA STAR Tournament Details

Post by zload »

Probably not bothered nearly as much as the guy that caught the 1st 2018 tagged red fish in Brevard county and wasn't registered... (from CCA FB page on 5/28)
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

zload wrote:Probably not bothered nearly as much as the guy that caught the 1st 2018 tagged red fish in Brevard county and wasn't registered... (from CCA FB page on 5/28)
No, but I did catch a tagged red 3 months after the tournament ended the first year
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm at 15 catches, all on live bait. Need to buy a new cast net, though. Was wading for finger mullet in Stoney Bayou; turned around to see an 8 foot gator swimming at me full tilt with mouth open. All I could do was throw the net over him. He chewed it to pieces, but at least retreated. Alligators very rarely act this way, so I assume mating season is underway and he was proving himself. The 11 footers never challenge, because they already know they own the place.

By the way, the redfish in Stoney Bayou seem not to care one bit that the water is stained from recent rains.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Remember the mango search and the tiger scene in Apocalypse Now? "Never leave the boat!" Sounds like that applies to kayaks, too. Be careful Gary.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

GaryDroze wrote:turned around to see an 8 foot gator swimming at me full tilt with mouth open. All I could do was throw the net over him.
Wow. If that ever happens to me, the gator won't like the taste in his mouth. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/