Short report. Lanark. Quick trip down to recharge the soul.

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Short report. Lanark. Quick trip down to recharge the soul.

Post by Rhettley »

It sure was nice to be on the water! For a Wednesday it seemed like there were a lot of others enjoying it as well. We ran out to around 30 to 40 feet and there were boats on pretty much every spot I had marked. We tried trolling and only had a lost Stretch 30 for our trouble. Probably a spanish hitting the little swivel between the braid and floro. Note to self- just tie directly to the lure with the braid next time. We didn't even bother trying for live bait being short on time and depended on frozen LY's. I managed the only gag at 25" and we got a few black sea bass and grunts. If we wanted we could have down sized and filled up the boat with those two although most weren't big enough to make cleaning worthwhile. I did keep enough for a meal. Of course the gag will provide a really nice couple of grilled fillets! The line stretcher of the day was a huge shark about 7 feet long and THICK! Maybe a bull but I'm not sure. We got it up to the boat but didn't have either cell phone out so we didn't get a picture before it headed back to the bottom. I took the rod as Billy was whooped and tried to get it back up while he got a picture but it cut the leader.
We got the full check by the FWC in their Zodiac. Two really nice guys just doing their job. They gave me the report stating I had passed everything to show if I got checked again in the near future. The water was fairly clear out in the area we were but about Dog Island and inland it was really brown and cloudy.
Slough
Site Sponsor

Re: Short report. Lanark. Quick trip down to recharge the so

Post by Slough »

:thumbup: :beer: :thumbup:
LAWRENCE AUTOMOTIVE-LAWRENCE AUTO PARTS
BIG SLOUGH KENNELS
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

:thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

heck were's that rental Check?? LOL glad you could get down and catch one Rhett!