Steinhatchee 30-60ft

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ifishtoo

Re: Steinhatchee 30-60ft

Post by Ifishtoo »

Yes, your report sounds like what my friend has seen at the marinas. My health has kept me grounded this past 4 days. He and I are reloading for Nov 6-10. We just want a box of fish, some salt air, and learn a little about his new trim tabs. Having lived there for 9yrs, I learned a great deal about fishing 10-30miles offshore in small boats. We'll catch a mess of fish if the weather permits........ his recorder performs, and the GPS does not crash.

He'll also realize he should have installed some trim tabs 3yrs ago! His rig needs them to help keep the bow down. We'll burn another 5-8gal more fuel, but at our age, a better ride is easily worth $30. There are still plenty of fish over there, you just need to anchor on top of some small, unpublished pieces in 30-55ft. The red tide has affected fishing......... but not ruined it.

There is a ton of good bottom in 25-60ft throughout the Big Bend. If you need some help, give me a shout.