St. Marks Offshore 2/8/15

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jhults11

St. Marks Offshore 2/8/15

Post by Jhults11 »

Since I havnt written nor seen an offshore post, hell, a fishing post of any kind minus JTs fine showing :-D in a WHILE, I figured I could contribute. We left St. Marks Sunday morning at the crack of dawn. The weather was stellar all day with warm temps and light winds. Another group of guys I know was already headed south to fish a similar area, which was nice to know we would have company close considering the long run we had planned. Once we reached the mouth of the St. Marks, we were greeted with nice calm seas. We enjoyed a calm ride in the light 1 foot swells for most of the ride out. The last 6 or 7 miles it got a little bumpy but the seas were still only running about 2 foot from the East. Once we got to our spot we dropped some butterfly jigs on em and the fun began. The next 2 hours it was either single or double hook ups on every drift. Two of the three AJs we kept were decent fish but the third was a good one. Not a "monster" by most standards, but a solid one weighing right at 30 lbs. After we were tired of playing with the AJs, we made the long run in and hit some sea bass holes in hopes of adding some more meat. The Sea Bass didn't dissapoint, but they wernt on fire like they had been 2 weeks ago. The water was the color of iced tea in 30 feet, so that may have had something to do with it. We made it to the dock by 330 and had the boat and fish cleaned by 5. Another stellar day on the big pond at the good old forgotten coast. Good fishn, good weather, and cold beer was enjoyed by all! :thumbup:
Last edited by Jhults11 on February 10th, 2015, 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
woopty
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks Offshore 2/8/15

Post by woopty »

Thaaaaaank you for the report jhults!
I've been jonesin' so bad to get fishin' in the last few days...
That report will help me limp along.
Yearly git-er-ready overhaul is next week. :thumbup:

woop
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
bman

Post by bman »

Very Nice! Plenty of AJ sandwiches in your future!
How deep were you?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

We were in 80 feet Barry
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

Finally a real fishing report! Great AJs, man.