Lanark Grouper

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

Lanark Grouper

Post by Bonecracker »

Well my older daughter is now officially graduated from UGA a few weeks ago with a Masters and she twisted daddy's arm yesterday morning into a little fishing this afternoon. I have been feeling a little beat up lately after moving last weekend with the final move to Carrabelle coming this weekend!! I told her we were going to sit on Dog Island and she could reel in all the fish/sharks she wanted as I was going to sit and do nothing and maybe have a few cold adult beverages. We got everything set up on the beach and God All Mighty did a NASTY STORM blow through!! Looked like we had a window to go offshore to out run the storm and that did not happen. Ended up idling into the wind for 30min looking for clear spots to take refuge in the rain and lightening! :thumbdown: Rain finally moved through and wow did things lay down fast!! :smt006 We had some pinners in the live well and we headed offshore to a promising spot I had had some success in before! First drop down and Lauren's rod is doubled over!! She fought hard as I had the drag locked down tight, well maybe it was to tight, as the 60lb mono leader parted ways near the surface! Dang that was a nice big red. I also got cut off on that first pass by a toothy critter and we did the same drift again. This time we both hooked up and this time we both got broke off again!! :smt005 Dang this 60lb mono leader material sucks!! We were down to four pinners and I finally got a black 21" to the boat which promptly went back in the ocean. 3 more cut offs and the bait was gone!! Wow was that fast and furious!! Ended up limping home to Lanark around 7:30 and we were both tired, beat-up, and still a little wet. BTW all those fish were caught in 35ft of water so we did not go far offshore!! Wish I had some pictures but we were both very busy if you know what I mean. Here is one toothy critter from last year!!
Last edited by Bonecracker on May 25th, 2015, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark Grouper

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice work! Thanks for the report :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark Grouper

Post by tallykenj »