Fishing Trip for September/October

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hugginut16

Fishing Trip for September/October

Post by hugginut16 »

Hello all!

I am having about 8 friends come in town some time in September or October. I was thinking about booking a charter fishing boat to show them a good time. Would love for them to catch some grouper, but I'm afraid the bite may not be too strong that time of year. Am I correct in thinking this? Is it a good time of year for a chartered trip?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on charter boat captains for these months? I live in Tallahassee and would prefer not to drive too terribly far - i.e. 2.5+ hours.

Thanks for the help! :D
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Trip for September/October

Post by Salty Gator »

hugginut16 wrote:Hello all!

I am having about 8 friends come in town some time in September or October. I was thinking about booking a charter fishing boat to show them a good time. Would love for them to catch some grouper, but I'm afraid the bite may not be too strong that time of year. Am I correct in thinking this? Is it a good time of year for a chartered trip?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on charter boat captains for these months? I live in Tallahassee and would prefer not to drive too terribly far - i.e. 2.5+ hours.

Thanks for the help! :D
The fishin should be on fire then. I’ve never chartered around here, but I know clay oaks has a good reputation. B man charters sometimes out of panacea, he may chime in with some recommendations. Steve Hobbs also has a good reputation, but i think he fishes out of a skeeter, so his boat may not be big enough for all of you. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

I would suggest Capt. Mike McNamara out of St. Marks- you'll probably have to go out on 2 boats though, given your group size.
Great guy and guide- he will put you on fish.

http://www.stmarksoutfitters.com/
All photos copyright @saverymill
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Srbenda wrote:I would suggest Capt. Mike McNamara out of St. Marks- you'll probably have to go out on 2 boats though, given your group size.

Does he do grouper charters?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Salty Gator wrote:
Srbenda wrote:I would suggest Capt. Mike McNamara out of St. Marks- you'll probably have to go out on 2 boats though, given your group size.

Does he do grouper charters?
I think so, the closer reefs should be starting to get gags by then.
All photos copyright @saverymill