Good trip

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Currentsituation

Good trip

Post by Currentsituation »

I noticed the offshore reports were slim on here so I figured I would post mine even through we didn't slay em this weekend.

Headed out early Saturday from Ochlocknee bay in search of grouper. Seas were a little rougher than expected but it ended up settling down and made for a pretty nice day. worked our way our from 70ft out to 90 Ft and could not get out of the snapper! I was hoping to find a grouper here and there but only (4) 1/2" shorts made an appearance. Filled the box with lanes, beeliners & and some bonus mangroves decided to jump in the ice box as well. The highlight of the day was a big Mahi bull showing up for about 30 minutes. I threw all but the tackle box at him but he had other plans........ :smt010 .....but still a beautiful sight to see!

I think I may need to head out to deeper water but in any event the search for the grouper grounds continues............... Any pointers on grouper this time of year would be helpful.

P.S. I will see about adding photos but its been a while and I didn't have the time to fool with it today.

Cheers!