Mexico Beach - Kings- 7/23

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wavebuster

Mexico Beach - Kings- 7/23

Post by wavebuster »

Got out on the water around 8 water temp 87. Trolled west of buoy line in the old car body area in water 55 to 68ft. Put two kings in the box and lost three others at the boat. Lots of hits but kept missing the hooks. Beautiful day 1 ft seas but steaming hot. Had all the heat we could stand around 12:30. Water temp when we left 88.3.
flatsbroke22

Re: Mexico Beach - Kings- 7/23

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Thanks for the report. Hoping to try for some kings this wekend out of Carrabelle. What were you trolling?
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
wavebuster

Post by wavebuster »

Trolling dusters with cigar minnows down deep. How far out do you go from Carrabelle?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The C-Quarters Marina Kingfish Shootout is August 5-6 in Carrabelle. $20K in guaranteed purse. Always produces some big macks for a good cause.

www.c-quartersmarina.com
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Swampcreek

Post by Swampcreek »

Took the wife and kids out on our new to us CC on the 24th. First journey. We hit the cut between the islands, carabelle ship wreck. Landed a 25" cobia. Got bites every 10 minutes or so, made my poles look like disney rods. Buddies in the boat next to us kept getting broken off too. Don't know what it was, but it was fun.
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

wavebuster wrote:Trolling dusters with cigar minnows down deep. How far out do you go from Carrabelle?
I won't be venturing too far out unless the conditions are great. I will be trout and red fishing first then if the weather permits I'll go out in front of Dog Island. I'll have three girls with me and a dog. :o
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki