10/02/16 - Cobes, Kings, Macks, and Skying Rays!

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

10/02/16 - Cobes, Kings, Macks, and Skying Rays!

Post by big bend gyrene »

GREAT day on the water with Sharkman who now lives in Tampa but was back in our neck of the woods this past weekend.

Will let the video do most of the talking. Only shared video of one spanish fight but guessing we caught between 20 and 30. Also saw multiple turtles and jumping rays but shared only the best individual clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heuNmyY2EJs[/video]

Only other thing worth adding is that we had multiple fish regurgitating scaled sardines as we wound them in. Just to give an idea HOW MUCH they were feeding, one of the cobia we kept spit up clouds of sardines FOUR TIMES as I fought him. When I cleaned him, his stomach still was almost entirely filled with the pictured contents. Fun catching them when they're feeding that aggressively!
20161002_185729.jpg
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: 10/02/16 - Cobes, Kings, Macks, and Skying Rays!

Post by Harmsway »

Sweet
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: 10/02/16 - Cobes, Kings, Macks, and skying Rays!

Post by zload »

Nice :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150