Carrabelle 2/3/16

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

EddieJoe

Carrabelle 2/3/16

Post by EddieJoe »

Planned on a nearshore trip to knock out a few boat cobwebs and do a little sea bass fishing. Got that 6 am whining phone call from fishing buddy about "not feeling good" so it became a solo trip.

Fog on the trip down from Tallahassee, but soon cleared and seas calm along the shoreline. Launched soon after 8, gas, ice and some squid, and on my way. Water temp 59, seas <1 ft, wind calm to North at 5-10. A beautiful day overall.

First and only stop was in 45' where I dropped a white jig on the trout rod. Quickly pulled up a decent blue head, and managed to box 15 or so, but I had to drift to get the big ones. Also caught a 25" gag, an 18" gag, an undersized red grouper, a trigger (open, who knows) and a flounder. All were released except the flounder and of course the BSB. Used squid at times when the jig slowed down.

Gag gave a nice fight on the light spinner and was released unharmed.

This was a winter diversion and for me still more fun than chasing teeny trout.

Luck

EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Carrabelle 2/3/16

Post by silverking »

Sounds like a fun day, EJ. Bet those grouper on the trout rod were a blast! :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
DWilliams

Re: Carrabelle 2/3/16

Post by DWilliams »

Nice to hear you still got to go and thanks for the report.