Getting my feet wet

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

OleFish

Getting my feet wet

Post by OleFish »

Originally from southeast GA, moved here recently and decided to try my luck offshore out of carrabelle. Today was the first successful trip out to C Tower. Weather was great in the morning but picked up quick around 12. 1-2' turned to 3 with the occasional 4.
Upon arrival to the tower, I decided to drop a butterfly jig down. Nothing. Thought it was unusual that we weren't getting any AJ bites at all.Then we put down a bottom rig with some squid and hooked up on a few small red snapper. As the fishing started to warm up we spotted a cobia and a few AJ's near the surface of the water.
Lost it though. Decided to do some slow trolling as well. Couple live baits up top and two rods with planers down low with drone spoons. Hooked up to a good eating size kingfish.
Called it a day because it was getting too damn rough to slow troll. My question is...
Why werent these AJ's biting?
Will the fishing get better as the water temp goes up? and finally...
Is any tower better than another?
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Getting my feet wet

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice report thanks for postings. Sorry I can't help you with the offshore questions. I only fish the flats. But I'm sure some of the guys will answer your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk