St marks reef

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mattl468

St marks reef

Post by mattl468 »

Any tips for fishing the St marks reefs? last couple of times I went I only caught bsb? Is that's all that's out there? been using squid as bait bottom fishing. Also Have thought about going to rotary reefs. which one do you think is better fishing? Im in a smaller boat so I don't think I should go any farther than that.
AugustusMccrae

Re: St marks reef

Post by AugustusMccrae »

mattl468 wrote:Any tips for fishing the St marks reefs? last couple of times I went I only caught bsb? Is that's all that's out there? been using squid as bait bottom fishing. Also Have thought about going to rotary reefs. which one do you think is better fishing? Im in a smaller boat so I don't think I should go any farther than that.
Just curious, how far out is the St. Marks reef?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

mattl468 wrote:Any tips for fishing the St marks reefs? last couple of times I went I only caught bsb? Is that's all that's out there? been using squid as bait bottom fishing. Also Have thought about going to rotary reefs. which one do you think is better fishing? Im in a smaller boat so I don't think I should go any farther than that.
What kind of boat are you in?

Also... skip the squid. Go with Artificial Jigs, unless you can grab some live bait (cast net or sabiki-esque) and grab some pinfish and mullet!
AugustusMccrae wrote: Just curious, how far out is the St. Marks reef?
Check out the AREA CHARTS section here on BBF, plethora of public numbers available for you to check out
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
mattl468

Post by mattl468 »

16 ft center console. What else should I be catching out there? What type of jigs? Thanks for your help
mattl468

Post by mattl468 »

http://oarreefs.org/reefs_st_marks.shtml its about 5 miles from the light house
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

mattl468 wrote:16 ft center console. What else should I be catching out there? What type of jigs? Thanks for your help
Have a live pinfish freelined and one 5-10 feet under the boat and you may get lucky on a cobia. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven