Carrabelle 5/5 and 5/6

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tide-Dancer
Site Sponsor

Carrabelle 5/5 and 5/6

Post by Tide-Dancer »

Lee Jones 5 5 2018.jpg
Went offshore Sat and Sunday with Cecil Williams, Lee Jones and Jerry White. Started out in 60 feet of water and fishing with Chicken rigs hammered the sea bass and grunts. Man what a morning. Small pieces of squid on 3/0 circle sea hooks. Moved to a couple of other spots in close and had a good box of fish. So off we go to the deeper water looking for red grouper. Well we found plenty of red fish but they were snapper. But finely we hooked a couple of fire trucks in 80+ feet of water. Cecil wanted to catch of AJ's for a buddy that wanted to smoke some. (Not my favorite fish. At 72 they will wear me out fast). So here we go to the AJ hole. We were not disappointed and was able to get our limit of 4 on Sat. Only 1 on Sunday.
It was a great weekend for all of us on both days.
Lee Jones 5 5 2018.jpg
Attachments
May 5 2018.jpg
Last edited by Tide-Dancer on May 14th, 2018, 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EddieJoe

Re: Carrabelle 5/5 and 5/6

Post by EddieJoe »

Tide-Dancer wrote:Went offshore Sat and Sunday with Cecil Williams, Lee Jones and Jerry White. Started out in 60 feet of water and fishing with Chicken rigs hammered the sea bass and grunts. Man what a morning. Small pieces of squid on 3/0 circle sea hooks. Moved to a couple of other spots in close and had a good box of fish. So off we go to the deeper water looking for red grouper. Well we found plenty of red fish but they were snapper. But finely we hooked a couple of fire trucks in 80+ feet of water. Cecil wanted to catch of AJ's for a buddy that wanted to smoke some. (Not my favorite fish. At 72 they will wear me out fast). So here we go to the AJ hole. We were not disappointed and was able to get our limit of 4 on Sat. Only 1 on Sunday.
Hey, Chuck. Glad to see you fishing again! I bet you Lee has some great numbers to try and it paid off. I would like to wrestle an AJ myself but it may be too much for us older gentlemen.

Luck,

EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Tide-Dancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tide-Dancer »

EddieJoe wrote:
Tide-Dancer wrote:Went offshore Sat and Sunday with Cecil Williams, Lee Jones and Jerry White. Started out in 60 feet of water and fishing with Chicken rigs hammered the sea bass and grunts. Man what a morning. Small pieces of squid on 3/0 circle sea hooks. Moved to a couple of other spots in close and had a good box of fish. So off we go to the deeper water looking for red grouper. Well we found plenty of red fish but they were snapper. But finely we hooked a couple of fire trucks in 80+ feet of water. Cecil wanted to catch of AJ's for a buddy that wanted to smoke some. (Not my favorite fish. At 72 they will wear me out fast). So here we go to the AJ hole. We were not disappointed and was able to get our limit of 4 on Sat. Only 1 on Sunday.
Hey, Chuck. Glad to see you fishing again! I bet you Lee has some great numbers to try and it paid off. I would like to wrestle an AJ myself but it may be too much for us older gentlemen.

Luck,

EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Since I left C Quarters I have a lot of time for fishing.